ASUS P4P-800/MX  » Computers  »
  • I looked online to what was the cheapest that I could find and I found at a site the Asus php800-mx
  • I'm very pleased that I bought this board cheap
  • I know it is more or less low end but I don

• by MisterR
      After my motherboard in my computer died after a couple of years of service I need to buy myself a new motherboard and processor and memory. To buy a fully new computer was not needed cause all the other stuff was still working fine. I looked online to what was the cheapest that I could find and I found at a site the Asus php800-mx.

Yes I needed an MX cause I have

a mini tower and a bigger board would not fit in to my computer case. I also looked for a Processor that was cheap and I choose for an Celeron 2.

66 Ghz. The planned 2.

52 Ghz. Was not available.

After buying it and opening the box at home I found in the box the motherboard and software that comes with the board and a well written manual after the initial problems getting the board in ...

• my computer I finally got it in there. It seemed my computer case that, still have is from an old E-machines 150DVD, was not all to happy that I changed the board.

The setup up went really smoothly and everything worked fine at first start up. Thanks to the easy manual it was easy to set my computer up again and got it working.

Only thing I did not manage to get in my

Computer case it the Back that protects the plugs for USB Keyboard and Etc. At the moment I have 1gig of memory on the board and the system is running smoothly.

It can hold up to 4gig of ram and the board can handle S-ATA hard disks. I’m very pleased that I bought this board cheap.

I know it is more or less low end but I don?t mind for what I use the PC it is perfectly alright.

Dave Newnham says :

I have this motherboard and am looking at increasing Ram, currently, 2 X 512 Dimms of Corsair Ram in 2 X Black slots on M B. Looking at 2X 1028 Geil Dimms in the other 2 Blue Sockets, but it mentions Dual Channel, so question is, will this new ram work ok with the original Corsair.

Jules Li says :

Yes, the new ram should function fine. The different colored slots are for separate dual channels. As long as you have matching memory cards in the slots that are the same color, it will work fine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19280995230430/k2311a0928/9.28.06