Almay Pure Blends Foundation
1.0
  • I decided to apply it to my entire face anyways and give it a chance
  • I had high expectations when I saw the Almay Pure Blends foundation at the drugstore but once I had applied it myself, I was extremely disappointed

• by Kimberly Hoxsie

The Almay Pure Blends foundation comes in six unique shades and can be bought at almost any drugstore. It is typically sold for $7-$10 and contains 1 fluid oz of foundation. I had high hopes for this foundation because of all the natural ingredients and promise to blend perfectly with any skin tone. Almay claims that the ingredients are 97.4% natural, has a lightweight feel, will keep your face looking radiant all day and is dermatologist-tested to be 100% hypoallergenic.

These were all the main factors for why I knew I has to buy it myself to try it.

Once I opened the packaging, I automatically fell in love with how cute the container would look inside my makeup bag. I was also very pleased to see that the color matched my skin tone perfectly when I squeezed a little foundation onto my finger. However, once I began applying the Pure Blends foundation to my face, I could instantly see what ...

• was wrong. It had a noticeable smell, something that I can’t stand in makeup I wear for everyday use. It also had a sticky, heavy feel on my face and it provided no coverage whatsoever. I decided to apply it to my entire face anyways and give it a chance. After covering my face in the foundation, I felt that I looked sweaty and needed to wash it all off right away.

I had high expectations when I saw the Almay

Pure Blends foundation at the drugstore but once I had applied it myself, I was extremely disappointed. They claim to have an even, all-over coverage and being lightweight, but I saw the exact opposite. However, I still love that it contains mostly natural ingredients and does not cause skin to break out or be irritated. For anyone looking to purchase a foundation that will provide coverage and feel great on your skin, do not purchase the Almay Pure Blends foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311401952250431/k2311a0114/1.14.10