Carnation Balanced Nutritional Drink Vanilla Lactose Free
  • About three years ago, weighing in at my highest weight ever, I decided it was time to start making some serious changes in my life
  • Problem was, at the end of that five month period, I hit a sort of plateau that lasted two months where I wasn't losing any more weight at all, and I was exercising daily for at least an hour (though usually two), and was eating as healthy as before and drinking plenty of water, but it seemed nothing I could do was going to change it
  • I thought I'd be saving more buying a bulk package like this, but such was not the case
  • I've tried powdered drinks in the past and this is far more superior to those and I found it tasted best when served chilled or in a blender with ice (my preferably way of serving it)

• by Anasuya

About three years ago, weighing in at my highest weight ever, I decided it was time to start making some serious changes in my life. A friend of mine worked for LA Weight Loss and gave me some pointers on eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle, and I started to see the weight fall off. Within a five month period, I had managed to lose 55 lbs and couldn’t have been more pleased with myself.

I still had a long way to go, but I knew I was getting there, slowly but surely. Problem was, at the end of that five month period, I hit a sort of plateau that lasted two months where I wasn’t losing any more weight at all, and I was exercising daily for at least an hour (though usually two), and was eating as

healthy as before and drinking plenty of water, but it seemed nothing I could do was going to change it.

So I decided to start changing up my diet regime and perhaps supplement some food items with a diet supplement drink of some sort. I had tried slim fast, and was successful for about a week before that didn’t work any more either, and my next step was finding one more drink to try before giving up on it entirely.

I decided to try the Carnation Balanced Nutritional Drink, that was vanilla flavored and lactose free. The lactose free part was particularly appealing to me because I was having some lactose-related issues that was later diagnosed as something else entirely, but at the time, I was looking for lactose-free products.

It was pretty expensive at $37 but it came with ...

• twenty four cans of the drink, which then averaged to be about normal, since most ten can packages were running about $12 anyway. I thought I’d be saving more buying a bulk package like this, but such was not the case.

The vanilla flavoring was okay, but got really tiresome after a while, and well before I hit the 24 can mark. I was replacing only one meal a day (usually dinner, since I preferred to have my bigger meals earlier in the day), and would eat some fruit or veggetables along with it.

It has 250 calories in it which, again, is pretty average for these kinds of meal supplement drinks, and it tasted amicable enough that I wasn’t running for cover at the thought of drinking another one. I’ve tried powdered drinks in the past and this is

far more superior to those and I found it tasted best when served chilled or in a blender with ice (my preferably way of serving it).

When combined and blended with ice, it was actually much more filling as well. I finished my 24 cans, which took me 24 days, since I was just using one a day, and at the end of those 24 days I weighed myself again and was surprised that I had managed to lose about 9 pounds after spending two months not losing anything at all.

I wouldn’t suggest using these products indefinitely, because you’ll get bored with it or they’ll just stop being as effective, but for a break from cooking and to switch things up it was a nice alternative that I felt gave the desired results. Worth the money as far as I’m concerned.

Carnation Balanced Nutritional Drink Vanilla Lactose Free

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341401952230431/k2311a0114/1.14.10