Warm Delights Make a Great Gift, Comfort Food
  • She was very upset and I knew the best thing for that was
  • And, as I found Saturday, they make a great comfort food gift for grieving friends

• by Cindy
      Recently, I have been giving myself the treat of a Warm Delights snack cake on Saturday afternoons. It’s a once a week treat that is inexpensive and tastes good, but last Saturday I came up with a new reason to keep them on my shelf–emergency comfort food. My upstairs neighbor called Saturday afternoon to make plans for Sunday and said she really needed to get out and enjoy the

day Sunday because her parents had been forced to put her cat to sleep.

She was very upset and I knew the best thing for that was: chocolate. I am a capable baker and thought about making cookies or something else, but she mentioned that she intended to put in a ‘chick flick’, put on pajamas and crash early for the night.

I didn’t want to intrude on her grief, but I did want to offer her moral support. So, I grabbed the extra Warm Delights from the shelf and two minutes later headed up the stairs with a warm, “I’m sorry” gift in hand.

Warm Delights by Betty Crocker is a wonderful idea. They are single serving, so they reduce the risk of over-indulging.

They are quick, so I can have a warm sweet cake snack almost ...

• Warm Delights Make a Great Gift, Comfort Food
      instantly and they come in a variety of flavors. My personal favorite is the caramel chocolate cake.

The process is easy. Open the package and add water to the cake mix in the bowl that comes with it.

Then, squeeze the topping packaging a few times to make sure it will come out as a liquid. Squeeze the topping onto the cake and microwave for 90 seconds

to 2 minutes.

The exact time depends on your microwave. They are very hot when you first take them out of the microwave, so I usually wait about 3 minutes to enjoy the smell of fresh cake and then dig in.

This is a tasty weekend treat and a great idea for younger children who can’t really cook their own desserts. And, as I found Saturday, they make a great comfort food gift for grieving friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27280995180330/k2311a0928/9.28.06