Ibiza Hippie by Escada perfume
  • I thought this scent was inspired by travel because of the Island of Ibiza in Spain however the smell was plain floral
  • Because it is called hippie , there is a certain sprightly character in it which I think was not carefully crafted
  • I like the luscious taste of litchi here, very tender and young
  • I did not find this typical nor too boring to say but rather upbeat and cosmopolitan

• by mimi tricks

I thought this scent was inspired by travel because of the Island of Ibiza in Spain however the smell was plain floral. It was dedicated to the island but it was floral, I was thinking it should be aromatic aquatic. Breaking away from the strict rules, this perfume gives an extravagant display in its appearance. Because it is called “hippie”, there is a certain sprightly character in it which I think was not carefully crafted. Honestly, the appearance looked so dull and for me it looked like a cheap perfume from China.

There are no hints of it being used by the “hippie” crowd. It injected not only over severe arrogance but likewise cut-rate style. I don’t appreciate it and it could have

been better if they used a more subtle prints in the box and the bottle was delightfully colored in vibrant shadows. This could have been thrown out of the box and if this is standing in a bevy of perfume bottles, only the color red will make it noticeable but the overall impression do not.

Sometimes, because when you go to a perfume store, there are lots of perfume to try, the appearance matters in enticing the customer to try it. And with this kind of appearance, I will not pick it out of curiosity.

I still love the scent nonetheless. There are hints of peach, litchi and pear during the opening.

I really like the smell of peach like Dreaming by Tommy ...

• Hilfiger which feels like soft pulp of peaches. I like the luscious taste of litchi here, very tender and young. Pear lightens up the entire opening with its light semi-citrus smell. The scent regardless of being too light remained strong because of nutmeg.

This was a good beginning. Then the segue was very good also. There were freesia and hyacinth. Freesia gives you this light cool floral smell.

I have this body wash of the same extract from Mark and Spencer and the same quality of lightness was achieved here. It was soft and luscious too. The smell of hyacinth can be green but I think because freesia was present, there was a good balance between them. At times I feel hyacinth to be

too grassy.

Then as the scent dries down with musk, sandalwood and beautiful amber. The scent over all smells very great. Now this is indeed a hippie smell from Spanish native. Ibiza is a great island for party people where also frequented by Supermodel Kate Moss.

The spirit was achieved here and I arrived in better understanding about the entire scent. I did not find this typical nor too boring to say but rather upbeat and cosmopolitan. The appearance may be dull but the scent is a very good scent. The scent is capped off with beautiful fruity notes which is so light and not ridiculous smell plus the star floral note freesia had a nice uproar in the smell.

This is a special floral perfume. Very nice!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561301951660631/k2311a0113/1.13.10