EvenFlo Comfort Select Double Electric Breast Pump  » Baby care  »
0.5
  • This pump is , in my opinion, falsely classified as a dual electric breast pump
  • I thought EvenFlo made quality products, but when I used this pump, my opinion dramatically changed
  • Please avoid this pump if you want to start and maintain a healthy nursing relationship with your infant

• by Fire Dancer

We bought this pump at Walmart. Not really knowing anything about breast pumps at the time of purchase, I figured that I would give this one an honest try to see how I liked it. First off, let me say that buying this pump was a huge mistake. This pump is , in my opinion, falsely classified as a dual electric breast pump. A true dual pump has one single motor unit and 2 breast flange and

collection bottle assemblies that hook up to the motor via tubing. This pump, however, was nothing more than 2 seperat single pump units packaged together as one unit. It was extremely difficult to pump both sides simultaneously with this pump because of the poor design. Also, pumping with this breast pump made me extremely sore.

Anyone who has pumped knows that the milk that you get is worth its weight in gold. With this pump, alot ...

• of the milk would go to waste. I would only get a half an ounce, if that, from each side. The milk would back up in the pump and also spill. And after a few times of using it, one of the motors got extremely weak so that there was vertually no suction on one side.

As a result of using this poorly designed and cheap pump, my milk supply dwindled down to practically nothing. It was with

the help of plenty of fluids and more frequent feedings that it came back up. I will never ever use this pump again. I thought EvenFlo made quality products, but when I used this pump, my opinion dramatically changed. Use of this pump got me so close to stopping the nursing relationship that I had established with my son. Please avoid this pump if you want to start and maintain a healthy nursing relationship with your infant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541301951640631/k2311a0113/1.13.10