New Yahoo mail (beta)  » Web sites  »
  • After a bit I found out that my Firewall was causing the trouble with not allowing certain active-x Protocols run thru the Firewall
  • This is the best feature yahoo came out with for some time

• by MisterR
      When I opted to use the new Yahoo mail beta I already ran in to some problems with it. What happens is every time that I get an email and want to read it, it is like playing Russian Roulette you never know if the things loads. After a bit I found out that my Firewall was causing the trouble with not allowing certain active-x Protocols run thru the Firewall.

After I

set the firewall open to let those controls run thru it freely I still could not get in to my beta yahoo email. Even not after I emptied my cache from my web browsers and had my firewall updated.

That one didn?t even need updating. If it does load and you see your yahoo mail appear the user interface is very well done and good to navigate.

They recently upgraded the yahoo ...

• mail beta and it seems to load a bit better but still takes ages till you finally get to your mail. A neat feature is the little pop-ups that you get telling you what keys on your keyboard will do if you press them while your active web browser window is yahoo mail.

Like ‘n’ stands for new mail. This is the best feature yahoo came out with for some time.

I

did not like the yahoo-toolbar one since bit. I would all ask to try the new yahoo mail.

If you do not like it you can revert back to the original one but I do hope they will take the original one down real soon. This is the way forward for web mail even if the page loads slow when you use a firewall this not might be the case with all firewalls tho.

Bravo Yahoo. !

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20280995150330/k2311a0928/9.28.06