My Sister’s Keeper movie  » Movies  »
  • Usually I don't like watching movies that look too sad, especially about children with cancer, but Cameron's character looked riviting
  • Unfortunately, I didn't think her character or any of the others in this film were great
  • Developing his character more would have made the film more interesting
  • If you want to learn more about the characters and their struggles, I would recommend reading the novel

• by CHoney

This movie review contains spoilers.

I saw Cameron Diaz on ‘The Ellen Degeneres Show’ talking about her role in the upcoming film ‘My Sister’s Keeper’ and couldn’t wait to see it. Usually I don’t like watching movies that look too sad, especially about children with cancer, but Cameron’s character looked riviting! Unfortunately, I didn’t think her character or any of the others in this film were great.

Personally, I feel that the voice-overs ruined the movie. You couldn’t get involved with the characters because you never got to see enough about them to have a connection.

In the book by Jodi Picoult, one of the main characters in the son Jesse. The movie barely touches on his pain or his acting out to get his father’s attention. Developing his character more would have made the film more interesting.

Also, the wrong sister dies at the end of the movie. If the film had kept true to the book, the ending would have had an interesting twist. Instead the film ended with the dying sister holding her mother and comforting her. While this was very sad, it didn’t have the same impact as the novel did.

One thing I did like about the movie was ...

• My Sister's Keeper movie
      how they showed what it’s like to battle cancer, how scary it can be, and what it does to your body. They showed some pretty graphic, scary things which made the movie seem real. Often graphic details are brushed over in films, but this movie captured what it would be like for a family to have a sick child and how difficult it is for everyone to
      cope with. I also liked how the film showed how hope and love can lead to acceptance and a sense of peace for the dying Kate.

Although this movie did have sad parts, I didn’t feel any emotional connection to the characters and therefore did not enjoy this movie. If you want to learn more about the characters and their struggles, I would recommend reading the novel.

My Sister's Keeper movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111301951480631/k2311a0113/1.13.10