Spacemaker Microwave Oven
  • But I like the touch pad that has many features and eases and quickens the use of the microwave

• by Savvy

This is a stainless steel microwave.

It seems that appliances are becoming more and more computer based. This microwave has a home screen pad that allows you to choose the kind of food you are heating or cooking and it detects the correct temperature without having you guess how long to put the food in the microwave. It really takes out the guess work in heating milk and such things that have a tendency to over spill etc. I really like that fact. Also, what I really like is that it is so big and spacious inside. I can stick a

whole chicken without it touching any of the sides and heats up beautifully without the splatter mess. I also like that it heats my plate well. I don’t have to keep sticking the plate back in the microwave to reheat. That’s really a time saver. I’ve only been using it for a few months so I can’t speak to the life of it but it comes with a one year warranty in which GE will personally come and fix any problems with it for free during the first year.

What I don’t like is that the microwave is located above the ...

• stove top and the stainless steel outside gets really hot when the stove is in use. So if I even accidentally touch the sides of the microwave, I get burned. So I have to be really careful in that regards. The door handle doesn’t heat up so it is still okay to use the microwave when I’m cooking. The food does get really hot so I have to be careful and use oven mitts to remove the items from the microwave. There is much to learn by reading the manual carefully which I have yet to do.

Thus far, I am

enjoying this microwave and am quite happy with it. I didn’t have to install this myself so I do not know how easy or how hard it is to do it yourself. But I like the touch pad that has many features and eases and quickens the use of the microwave. I like the space inside and the turn table on-off feature. It heats food like food should be heated. People often mistaken re-heated food from this microwave to be fresh and just cooked. All and all this microwave is a good buy. It holds true to its name of spacemaker.

Mauna Locca says :

re : But I like the touch pad that has many features and eases and quickens the use of the microwave
    I agree. I just like to press one button for say popcorn or pizza. I don’t need to adjust the power setting. That’s cool Saves a lot of time in the long run.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161301951360531/k2311a0113/1.13.10