Virgin Atlantic Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • This was not my first experience on Virgin
  • I found this very dissapointing as on Virgin to Tokyo the plane is kitted out with state of the art on demand entertainment

• by Rachellejv

Yesterday, I flew from London to Las Vegas on Virgin Atlantic Airlines. This was not my first experience on Virgin.

My impression from yesterday is that the route you are on makes a bit difference to the service and facilities on board

the aircraft.

Yesterday’s plane was an aging 747 with old fashioned seatback entertainment - the kind where you have to catch you movie at the beginning of the loop and can’t stop it to be polite to the flight attendent when spoken to or get up for a stretch. I found this very dissapointing as on Virgin to Tokyo the plane is kitted out with state of the art on demand entertainment.

Likewise the food on the way to Asia is significantly better. I still have clear memories of the top ...

• Virgin Atlantic Airlines
      notch Bento boxes served on the Tokyo run that I did three years ago. Yesterday the food was ok but small portionwise and not particularly inspired.

Leg room on Virgin comes in middle range. The 747 had a 3 4 3 seat

configuration which isn’t too bad. I was lucky to have an empty seat next to me so that gave me more space which is never a bad thing on a ten hour flight.

All in all I would say that Vigin offers variable service on its routes.

Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Adrian says :

re : I found this very dissapointing as on Virgin to Tokyo the plane is kitted out with state of the art on demand entertainment
I like their services although it can always be better. I think they are overpriced, to be honest

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401301951250531/k2311a0113/1.13.10