Blackberry Bold 9700  » Phones  »
  • I found the selection of ring tones available on the phone good
  • Another feature I like about the Bold is the lack of a scroll ball
  • So far, I would have to say that using the Blackberry Bold is a positive experience

• by Marie Lowe

A few weeks ago I dropped my beloved Nokia cellular phone and was forced into purchasing a new phone.

I ended up with the AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700.

As a former cell phone sales associate, this phone has presented my first challenge on operating a phone.

Mostly because I am used to Nokia products but as the days pass I have come a long way.

To my surprise I have adjusted to the QWERTY keyboard. However if you are going to try and do the dreaded text and drive task, I say this is not the keyboard for that.

My next

challenge was attempting to place my contacts into groups and then assign the group a ring tone.

Placing them in a group was easy enough, but I was dumbfounded when I could not click on the group name and choose a tone.

I even ask the sales associates how to do it, they swore it could be done but it couldn’t.

Finally I figured out that the user has to click on sounds, click on contact alert and then select all of the contact names you want under the one tone.

Somewhat a pain compared to Nokia.

I found the ...

• selection of ring tones available on the phone good.

The phone also comes with most of the standard features found on phones today, such as camera, games, Internet access and Facebook and Myspace applications.

There are also a selection of games, my favorite is Brick Breaker.

There are several applications that I have not investigated. Some are free for a limited time.

One thing that I can do that so many can’t is look up a contact’s number while on a call.

How many times does a caller hang up to get a number out of their phone.

With the Blackberry

Bold you can retrieve the info, send a text or read an e-mail all while on a call.

Another feature I like about the Bold is the lack of a scroll ball. Instead of a ball, it is a square button and the user runs their finger over it to scroll.

It is considered an improvement over the ball.

The phone also doubles as a music player and comes with ear phones.

You can even plug it into some car stereos and eliminate the use of compact discs.

So far, I would have to say that using the Blackberry Bold is a positive experience.

Blackberry Bold 9700

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371201950340631/k2311a0112/1.12.10