Acer Aspire One ZG5  » Laptops  »
  • I bought my Acer just over a year ago, and I absolutely LOVE my computer
  • I travel a lot with my work, and don't want to be doing my personal computing on my work laptop, so I decided to purchase this Acer
  • I got the dark blue shell, and I think it is the nicesest of the colors the computer comes in
  • I can honestly say that it is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time
  • The last problem that I have with this computer has to do with streaming content from the Internet

• by True Mainer

I bought my Acer just over a year ago, and I absolutely LOVE my computer! I had sought out and purchased my computer because a friend of mine had bought one before she went abroad with the Peace Corp, and told me how much she loved it. I travel a lot with my work, and don’t want to be doing my personal computing on my work laptop, so I decided to purchase this Acer. I got the dark blue shell, and I think it is the nicesest of the colors the computer comes in!

I can honestly say that it

is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. For the most part, I use my computer to check e-mails and surf the Internet. I occasionally need to type documents up on it, and it works wonderfully for all of these things! I can even play World of Warcraft on here, although it can lag behind when a lot of things are happening at once. Less involved games are also very easy to load and play. The web camera is an excellent quality for what I use it for, and have had no problems with the ...

• picture being distorted at all.

Some problems I have with the computer are that, at least initially, the mouse/touch pad was hard to use. The buttons are on either side of the touch pad, rather than being below it, so there was a small amount of adjustment that I had to undergo. Additionally, although the size of the computer is what initially drew me to it, it can be annoying to type on the smaller keyboard.

Because I do not plan to put this computer to hard work, I had originally decided to not add more RAM (the computer came with

1 GB). This is definitely a mistake. The computer runs very slowly when trying to multitask, and definitely does not do thing quickly even if you are only doing one thing at a time. The last problem that I have with this computer has to do with streaming content from the Internet. Whether it is a TV show from Hulu or a work related webinar, it takes a long time for things to buffer and load from the Internet. All that being said, I still do love the computer, and will most likely stay in the Acer family moving forward.

Pat Simpson says :

My netbook says it is an Acer Aspire One ZG5 but I cannot find any support or other information on the Acer site with regards a ZG5. My sales receipt says that I purchased a D150. I am confused. Is a ZG5 the same as a D150? If so then why is it called a ZG5?

Jules Li says :

The entire model number is the Acer Aspire One ZG5 D150. Both models are used interchangeably to shorten it.

Tommy says :

re : I got the dark blue shell, and I think it is the nicesest of the colors the computer comes in
    Acer is a great brand. It’s related to the gateway brand and I kind of trust that more than Dell or HP. I have had nothing but great luck with Acer and the dark navy blue shell would be my fav choices as well. Do you know what the brain is in that model? Is it AMD or Intel processor? Hopefully it’s an AMD and not intel celeron. I was always told intel chip-sets run hotter than AMD. It depends on who you ask I guess.

Rony says :

Its Intel Atom processor. Yes Acer is cheap, but uses lots of OEM chinese parts in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631201950330631/k2311a0112/1.12.10