Nikon D3000 camera  » Cameras  »
  • I bought it at a local camera store in New York City about a month ago for about $500.00 and I don't regret buying it at all
  • I have taken both indoor and outdoor shots using this camera, and I have yet to be disappointed
  • The last con is that the features are a little too basic, I wish there was more in this camera to toy around with- but hey what would I know
  • So far I have been impressed by the Nikon D300
  • I have taken both indoor and outdoor pictures and discovered that I really love the ease of the D3000

• by Kimberly

What an amazing camera! The Nikon D3000 is the first dSLR I’ve owned, and I’m very pleased with it. I stepped up from the average point and shoot camera and film SLR’s to dSLR’s. I used to think dSLR’s were too bulky and sort of…ugly. Yeah I said it.

But one of my friends owns a Canon dSLR and I was blown away by the photos I just had to get one for myself. I bought it at a local camera store in New York City about a month ago for about $500 and I don’t regret buying it at all! Trust me the price is worth it! I have taken both indoor and outdoor shots using this camera, and I have yet to be disappointed. (Hopefully not) The pros about this camera is that the the image quality is great, the modes

enhance your photo taking experience, there are many retouching options available, and it’s lightweight (but does not feel cheap).

There’s more! I have a much better image quality than a regular point and shoot, it has an advanced auto focus system, anti-dust facilities, and great lens kit, a bright and large LCD screen, and last but not least a long battery life! Wait! More! The shutter speed is real quick and it’s good in low light. Excellent! But of course nothing is perfect so here are my cons. When I’m trying to take my night pictures, the assisting light doesn’t stay on long enough to give more life to my photo, but it wasn’t as big of a deal.

There is no auto-exposure bracketing and the depth/field of my preview isn’t that good. Also there is no video recording! That part got me a little ...

• upset but I could live. The last con is that the features are a little too basic, I wish there was more in this camera to toy around with- but hey what would I know? I’m just a beginner.

Well for a summary of my Nikon D3000 dSLR? It’s great! I love it. I take it almost everywhere I go. It’s an excellent step up from point and shoot camera.

It’s great for beginners, not confusing and complex. Compact but yet so brilliant at the same time. So far I have been impressed by the Nikon D300.

My photos came out crisp and clear. Family and friends are surprised I put in $500 into a camera but once they see the photos they know that it’s well worth the price. I’m sure my Pentax K2000 SLR is upset about the amount of the time I’ve been spending

with this Nikon! Jealous even? I have taken both indoor and outdoor pictures and discovered that I really love the ease of the D3000.

Adjusting it for light, reviewing pictures, keeping them organized, and retouching on the camera are all so fast easy! I am also a Photoshop-a-holic so I do anything on there that I can’t do on this camera. I spent weeks trying to decide which dSLR I should decide on to give me excellent photos which wasn’t expensive or low-class at the same time. Trust me if you choose this dSLR you will have no regrets.

If you currently own a point and shoot you will not be disappointed with the image quality nor speed. I was amazingly surprised with the quality of both of these features! You definitely get a bang for your buck. It’s an ideal dSLR for beginners/new comers.

Great picture quality!

Nikon D3000 camera

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431101949910231/k2311a0111/1.11.10