The Beatles: 1 CD  » Music  »
  • The liner is interesting, devoting one page to each of the number one songs, not really with information but showing the albums released that year and such
  • I love these songs so much -- Love Me Do, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Can't Buy Me Love, and a continuing list

• by Orrymain

The Beatles: 1 CD is a compilation of 27 number one hits by the Beatles.

The liner is interesting, devoting one page to each of the number one songs, not really with information but showing the albums released that year and such. It’s a very thick liner, which is unusual for CDs.

The best part of The Beatles: 1 CD is that when you put it on, it’s absolute super music from

start to finish. I also find myself singing along with it all the time, especially with the songs from earlier in the Beatles’ history, those super fun, rock and roll classics that first told us who the Beatles were. I love these songs so much — Love Me Do, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Can’t Buy Me Love, and a continuing list. These first ...

• number ones are my favorites, and they make me smile. They are the young and innocent Beatles, before wives, drugs, and peace became such a part of the dynamic that it blew them apart.

The later top sellers are good, too, and I sing along with them as well, but just hearing them reminds me that the times were different, that while the music was still great, there was such dissention

brewing. Hey Jude shines, Come Together, and Let it Be stand out, but the star is the last song — The Long and Winding Road.

Doesn’t it seem appropriate that The Long and Winding Road was the last number one here? I do love the Beatles. I wish they’d gone on longer. This CD shows us just how wonderful they were, whether singing love ballads or songs based in protests.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141101949480131/k2311a0111/1.11.10