Bunny Bites  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I know because when I examine the blocks' edges I can see they are still perfectly smooth and show zero signs of nibbling
  • I think if they have not nibbled on them by now they most likely won't ever nibble on them

• by bookwyrm

This is another wooden item that my pet rodents have ignored. It’s supposed to be corn-flavored wooden blocks for them to wear their teeth down on. Of course, they don’t even spare these a glance. I know because when I examine the blocks’ edges I can see they are still perfectly smooth and show zero signs of nibbling. And the Bunny Bites have been in their cages a long time, too, at least four months. I think if

they have not nibbled on them by now they most likely won’t ever nibble on them. Both my rats and my mice have turned away from them and that is really disappointing indeed.

Out of the four mice cages I have (one wooden square per cage) they either sit on the blocks while at the food bowl effectively using them as chairs or else they are disregarded totally. Why is that I ask? Why do these pet companies keep ...

• making wooden items for small pets that are ineffective? They state on the package that they are “safe natural chew toys” yet the animals are not even interested in them. I really dislike this as I end up wasting on money on products my pets refuse to use. I would expect they would actually test these toys before making a bunch of them and selling them, but I guess they don’t.

That really is sad.

My rats are even

worst when it comes to these toys. At least some of the mice use them for chairs but the rats don’t even do that. I can tell that they really have zero interest in these yellow wooden blocks and have no clear idea what they are supposed to do with them. They do knock them off the higher shelves sometimes onto the bottom of the cage, probably by accident while they are running around.

These toys are made by Super Pet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291101949230131/k2311a0111/1.11.10