Jumping Dolphin Wooden Clothespins  » Other  »
  • They are not exactly the best clothespins I have ever seen but they are certainly better than others (certainly superior to those weak plastic ones - those like to break unexpectedly)
  • I like that these clothespins are a great value

• by bookwyrm

A while back I purchased these wooden clothespins by Jumping Dolphin (item number 605). They are not exactly the best clothespins I have ever seen but they are certainly better than others (certainly superior to those weak plastic ones - those like to break unexpectedly). In these days of washers and driers, many people may think clothespins are from a bygone era, but they are actually very useful.

I like that these clothespins are a great value. I get fifty wooden ones per pack for just one dollar. They are the snappy kind

that opens when you squeeze one end. Why spend extra money buying those special clips to keep your snack bag or cereal bag closed when one or two clothespins will do the same job? Those special food clips are rather pricey when compared to these clothespins. Just think; you can keep your cereal fresh for just two cents (or four cents if you use two clothespins). Just fold the plastic bag over a few times and then put the clothespins in place.

I also like how versatile these clothespins are. I can use ...

• them for a variety of things. They are great in warm weather for hanging clothes outside on the line, keeping your food bags closed, to keep a hem temporarily in place when you sew and to temporarily hold papers together without punching holes in them (as a stapler would). I also use them to keep the screen on top of my mice bins so they don’t get out. They allow me to open and close the bins without a lot of fuss.

The downside to these is that they are sometimes a little

rough and I once got a sliver in one finger from them. Sometimes they also pop apart and then I need to put them back together again. Their mouths are also kind of small compared to some of the other wooden clothespins I have and so they cannot grab anything that is too thick. Sometimes they have trouble with slick items, like the slippery plastic of the Hill’s C/D and S/D bags I buy from my vet - they sometimes pop off. They are great, however, for slim lightweight items (food bags, T-shirts, etc).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121101949190131/k2311a0111/1.11.10