Zotac GeForce 9800GTX+ AMP! graphic card  » Hardware  »
  • At last I decided to buy Zotac, and then quick search for their products, this time I saw 9800GTX+ AMP
  • I have a small case so I`m conflict that problem every time I want to remove my harddiscs
  • I did not try to do this but I think over cloaking is not necessary for this card, because memory is not enough to show over cloak effect
  • If you can not decide to buy ATI or Nvidia graphic card, I suggest you to buy Nvidia

• by Kemal6P

I`m a real PC game addict and that because graphic card is the most important component on motherboard for me. After so many searching about fast graphic card, I finally found Nvidia`s 9800GTX graphic card. It was enough for me and than I saw 9800GTX+, boosted version of 9800GTX. After deciding to buy 9800GTX+, I searched for trustable makers which use Nvidia GPUs. At last I decided to buy Zotac, and then quick search for their products, this time I saw 9800GTX+ AMP!, boosted version for 9800GTX+, and then I bought it last year.

This graphic card is on top of Nvidia`s 9 series. I`m using this graphic card with Intel E8500 CPU and 4GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 rams under Windows 7 operating system. Performance is generally great, I can play every game with full video settings. It supports directx

10 which is needed for todays best games. But this card has 512MB GDDR3 memory on it, sometimes it is not enough to operate some games on top video settings which need more than 512MB memory. But this is not happening too much.

This card is very good on giving Antisophoric filter. You can adjust antisophoric setting to 16 and there won`t be any performance decrement, but sometimes it is not good to give anti aliasing on some games.If anti aliasing setting is too important to you, sometimes it makes you mad.

9800GTX+ AMP! is one of the huge sized graphic card, when you install this card to your motherboard, forget about the nearest slot because you won`t use it, this card takes two slot size on motherboard and length is too much. If your case is not big enough, maybe ...

• you are not able to remove your harddisc from your case because there isn`t any space to remove it. I have a small case so I`m conflict that problem every time I want to remove my harddiscs.

This card has a good cooler, I have never dealt with any temperature problems. That means performance always stays on top. If you put it more advanced cooler you can easily make over cloak to this card. I did not try to do this but I think over cloaking is not necessary for this card, because memory is not enough to show over cloak effect.

If you can not decide to buy ATI or Nvidia graphic card, I suggest you to buy Nvidia. Nvidia always gives their costumer full support. They are releasing 2-3 drivers every month. If there is a very popular game close

to release, they are immediately release new driver which have full support to this new popular game and this is great way to keep costumers happy. Because sometimes your graphic card is enough to run a game but driver is not enough to operate it, installing updated drivers are very important, I experienced it so many times.

High quality games that I can play with full graphic settings are NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Red Faction, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, Dragon Age Origins, NBA 2K10, Fifa 10, The Saboteur, Borderlands, FEAR2, Batman Arkham Asylum… and so on.

Games that I can not use their top video settings are Crysis and STALKER. I can play them high video settings with low anti aliasing setting.

9800GTX+ AMP! experiences are; + Great performans + Silent + Driver support - Big size - Some anti aliasing problems

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331101948571231/k2311a0111/1.11.10