Acer travelmate 240 laptop.  » Laptops  »
  • When I bought this ,I had Windows XP and all antivirus software down loaded

• by Sweety
      This laptop is 21/2 years old. I use this laptop everyday for hours together. I bought it from India.

Good and easy to use. When I bought this ,I had

Windows XP and all antivirus software down loaded.

The antivirus software was very good which kept laptop away from all virus and spyware. We came to know of expiry of sofware,when moths ago,spyware affected the laptop.

Easy to use ,but hours of use can make the laptop heated at the bottom. So better to keep laptop ...

• Acer travelmate 240 laptop.
      on a towel,if using it for long.

I do it this way. The manual and all other instructions are very user friendly.

It weighs about 3 kgs . I

carry it in our suitcase while travelling abroad.

I do not use laptop. This laptop does not have any WI-FI system.

The cost is bit high . I bought it for 60,000 Rs from India.

paul temperton says :

how do i replace the cmos battery. is it under the ketboard? if so how do i get the keyboard off.

Yesaya Jnr Nkhwazi says :

Hi, fortunately I did this before for a friend’s laptop so I can help. The CMOS battery is at the bottom right corner of the motherboard. You need some kind of screw driver, a flat one though - not the star one. That enable up to first remove the keyboard, from the space bar side. Then the other side, tilt your screen back though and then remove that side. Don’t remove the keyboard cable that connects it to the computer. There then should be around 6 screws - something like that - and viola Change what you want to do and then do these steps in reverse - you should have successfully changed the battery.

Elton says :

My Acer travelmate 240 laptop is cutting off soon after switching it on, it switches on for about 10 - 20 seconds then switches off. What is the problem, please help

Jules Li says :

This could be caused by a few things. First, you should know that overheating can cause a computer to shut down. Check the fans to make sure that there’s no dust build up blocking them. If so clean it out. I would also suggest draining the power. To do this remove the battery and unplug it. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds. If it persists it’s likely an issue with the Ram or motherboard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63270994850130/k2311a0927/9.27.06