NightTime Multi Symptom Cold/Flu Relief  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • Also, please note that this product was not expired when I bought it
  • It is not as effective as I thought it would be, but for those of you who are willing to take a product that only temporarily cures annoying symptoms, this is a good one

• by a_light

Recently, I’ve been suffering from a persistent cough and cold. Because I have always seen medicine at the 99 Cent Store, I wanted to give it a try. The NightTime Multi Symptom Cold/Flu Relief appears to be the off-brand version of Vicks NyQuil, so I wanted to compare it to that product.

The package advertises a non-pseudoephedrine formula with 10% alcohol. It looks quite similar to the NyQuil product, and the label states that its formula

includes a pain reliever, fever reducer, cough suppressant, and antihistamines.

It says that these ingredients are comparable to the active ingredients in NyQuil, but that it is neither manufactured nor distributed by Proctor and Gamble or Vicks NyQuil. Also, please note that this product was not expired when I bought it.

(This is a common misconception of items bought at the 99 Cent Store. )

Before I went to sleep, I took a dosage but woke up 2 hours ...

• later, because I was coughing.

Obviously, for the price, this medicine does what you would expect. It works for a short amount of time, before the coughing and all of the other annoying symptoms appear again.

Also, it tastes exactly like any other cough syrup. In addition, I have taken this medicine once in the daytime, but it did not make me drowsy.

I would not try attempting this however if you have plans.

I was going to stay home that day, so I felt that it was okay to take a dose.

My coughs were suppressed for a short amount of time, but they would start up again afterwards. Overall, for 99 cents, this product is average.

It is not as effective as I thought it would be, but for those of you who are willing to take a product that only temporarily cures annoying symptoms, this is a good one.

liz says :

Is nighttime only for night?

John says :

Yes, this particular medication should only be used at night, particularly when you are ready for bed.

Galega says :

You can take it even in day. The brand name is Night Time because it intends to give you complete relief (multi symptom relief from cough, nasal congestion and running nose, among others) while you are sleeping. In fact, the standard dose is to take 20 ml every four hours which means you are not just supposed to take once before going to the bed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261001948160631/k2311a0110/1.10.10