Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45
  • I noticed the sun's rays is more harsh right now, making it so irritating, your skin gets easily damaged and before you know it, freckles and early signs of skin again starts to surface
  • It has a slight floral smell which is so light that it evaporates after several minutes thus I would consider this as barely no smell at all

• by alexsa

The idea of sunblock is hardly a new concept. If you check your history books, as early as the earliest civilization, coating your body was already created. This dates back before when the sun was not as harmful as today. The current state of global warming is a real threat to our skin. For me, I find the pertinence of sunblock more important today when people lack great concern on nature. The blatant disregard to the environment is getting back at us. I noticed the sun’s rays is more harsh right now, making it so irritating, your skin gets easily damaged and before you know it, freckles and early signs of skin again starts to surface. I have great concern for my skin that I always carry an umbrella with me, use sunblock when I am in the beach and has an extensive skin care regimen. I have been in search for the perfect sunblock which is more in

tune and pleasing when you use. I want to have a sunscreen less the sticky feel on my skin.

Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45 boasts of its patented Helioplex which offers superior sun protection sans the heavy thick traditional sunscreen formula. Being a frequent user of Neutrogena, I am not surprised of how they come up with this lightweight formula because most of their creams are already lightweight. This is the distinction I want to raise but rather on the amount of SPF contained. In most cases if you try Hawaiian Tropics or Nivea which is the leading skin care in sunscreen, these two when they have a products which has SPF 45 tends to be too thick. When you apply it, the face lotion feels like paint, sticky, tepid on the skin, in general very irritating. Neutrogena’s perfect formula is unsurpassed for me in terms of sunscreen formula face creams. I have not tried any face creams ...

• which offers superior sunscreen like Neutrogena SPF 45 yet it still maintains lightweight formula.

Another concern is the appearance after you apply your sunscreen. I noticed other sunscreen like the brands I mentioned above that they leave a shiny white appearance in your face after. Even after several hours after you apply it, still your face looks odd. Neutrogena’s formula leaves your face a good texture in terms of color. It does not provide a chalky color in your skin, when I tried it the first time, it was fast absorbing, clean when it absorbs and almost natural. This is consistent with its lightweight formula. Because it is lightweight, it does not contain additional chalky substance which causes pallid substance in your face. This is the most important part of a sunscreen, to provide discreet effect when you are using it because it does not mean that because you are wearing sunscreen, you need to look disgusting.

I am very particular about the smell of any face cream be it daily moisturizer or a plain sunscreen because it tends to violate me all throughout the day if it contains unpleasant fragrance. Neutrogena has no irritating smell whatsoever. It has a slight floral smell which is so light that it evaporates after several minutes thus I would consider this as barely no smell at all. I guess the slight fragrance comes with the moisturizing agent it contains. The good thing about this face cream is its dual purpose and the tremendous SPF it provides. It is sure a good deal for you. The main purpose of this face cream is providing protection like anti-oxidant found herein Vitamin E, it also moisturizes your skin and at the same time protecting it from the harsh rays of the sun. This is a good package, moisturizers plus sun defense. This is a sure way to protect our skin the lightweight way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311001948000531/k2311a0110/1.10.10