Scrubs: Our White Coats  » TV  »
  • Almost every time that happened, a sub par episode followed, so I don't want to get my hopes up yet, but I found this episode highly enjoyable
  • Speaking of which, he does get a mention via phone, but I think Braff's done for the season

• by David Finniss

All season, this show has teased at reaching the level of the early seasons of the show. Almost every time that happened, a sub par episode followed, so I don’t want to get my hopes up yet, but I found this episode highly enjoyable.

It had the perfect balance of humor coming from both the old guard as well as the new crew of interns. The interns actually get fleshed out a bit. Cole is good for a laugh as always, but even Drew and

Denise, the two weaker links managed to work pretty well in this episode.

The Lucy/Cox dynamic is amusing to watch, though it still kind of pales to JD’s. Speaking of which, he does get a mention via phone, but I think Braff’s done for the season. He may come back in the finale, but we’ll see. Kelso and Elliot come in though so it has a solid line up of Scrubs veterans to balance the episode.

For the first time, a vast majority of the jokes ...

• worked. I laughed as hard as I did in the second and third seasons of the show, which is something I never thought would happen with this new setup.

I’m still cautious for the season overall, but this episode was quite great. It was very character driven and the humor actually worked surprisingly well.

While I missed the second half of the last episode, I gather that Elliot and Lucy made up while Turk picked Denise to be his work buddy. I

honestly figured it would’ve been Lucy, but Denise will probably make a better foil for Turk’s goofiness.

This season may not be a disastrous mistake afterall. The first few eps were hit and miss, but this might be a sign that the writers have found their footing with these new characters. I remain cautiously optimistic about this season. I still think it should be the last, but at least it can go out on a high note as opposed to limping to a weak ending.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101001947980531/k2311a0110/1.10.10