Amarige D’Amour by Givenchy perfume  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • This was one of the perfumes that I bought on my trip
  • I like that it is stripped of commonalities and retains transparent color in its bottle
  • The good thing is during the dry down, I noticed amber and sandalwood which made the scent appealing for several hours
  • I don't like this smell because of its longevity

• by alexsa

The airline that I used from my flight back from Hong Kong had this policy to maintain at least 15 kilos for your luggage. The price of the airfare was very cheap but the requirement for the luggage is not. Since this was the case, I ended up buying perfumes instead of goodies in order to save in the kilos that I will be charged upon check in. This was one of the perfumes that I bought on my trip. It is immaculate and forgetful as a perfume. I started disliking it when it faded easily. The scent itself is lovely. It is has different twist of flowers like cordial invitation in a flower farm. The appearance of the scent is pure of innocence. I like that it is stripped of commonalities and

retains transparent color in its bottle. The liquid also is transparent. There is no more story in its appearance except the immaculate standing. It is classified as chypre floral that is why it is laced with so much innocence.

I like the opening. It was light and remains calm even when the scent heightens. There are traces of rose, black currant which turned sour a bit, sweet pea, jasmine and mimosa. It had this bitter sweet aroma which has great beauty if you will judge it alone. The scent expects old color from the floral group like a rose-scented bed sheets, so light and feels soft. This scent when it was at its highest feels like linen with sweet fabric conditioner. There is sophistication because it is linear and its beauty is ...

• somewhat convey alone. But as it drifts, it became too common. The main combination of lily of the valley and rose in this fragrance is undeniably a great combination however it lulls you to boredom because it feels too common. The good thing is during the dry down, I noticed amber and sandalwood which made the scent appealing for several hours.

The scent is only best for several seconds but its scent is not full of surprises. The barrage of notes as it gets to your nose one by one is not beautifully voice and moves lightly in decaying speed. I don’t know how the scent turned out so bad when there are great smelling flowers on it. Lily of the valley, jasmine and rose are just beautiful classic and it gives

any smell an unstoppable affection. This was not very visible here as the scent only permeates light-scented concoction. As it heightens, I was almost lost. Then I discovered that this is not enjoyable like other scents. There were no good traces during dry down. It may give you a brief aroma of amber and sandalwood but the scent is frivolous as it is. It only remain in your body for a couple of hours then like its appearance it is simple, bare and forgettable. I don’t like this smell because of its longevity. You better stick with a more stronger smell than this. Chypre floral constantly remains fragile and this is the most fragile of all. As if had it been this was a human being, this perfume is perhaps sickly and easily susceptible to death.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561001947940531/k2311a0110/1.10.10