Handi-Foil Bake America Coon-N-Carry Roaster Pan and Lid (Ultimates)  » Housewares  »
  • Recently I bought one of these to use over the holidays and I must say it worked expertly
  • I like that this roasting pan was easy to clean before I began cooking

• by bookwyrm

Recently I bought one of these to use over the holidays and I must say it worked expertly. The foil pan is far sturdier than it looks, which really surprised me. They do look quite light and flimsy, you know, yet it had no problems holding the duck I roasted for Christmas.

I like that this roasting pan was easy to clean before I began cooking. There is a nasty flu going around and I need to wash everything thoroughly before using it. And although it’s lightweight, I could hand wash it without it getting

bent or damaged in any way.

As it turns out, the “medium rack” I bought was just the correct size for my duck. It held the raw duck nicely while I stuffed the stuffing inside it. And it was strong enough to hold the bird while I carried it to the oven, holding it by the sides. The duck was under ten pounds and I suppose the stuffing added more weight, but it’s still not as heavy as a huge turkey.

The duck cooked wonderfully and the pan held the small amount of juices easily. There ...

• really were no problems at all with using this roasting pan to bake my duck. When the bird was finished, I opened the oven door and slid the pan out. Then I quickly carried it (by the sides) a very short distance and set it on a cookie sheet. Then I could carry it the rest of the way safely, supporting the bottom of the pan via the cool cookie sheet. This worked because a duck does not weigh very much. Nor was there very much juice in the pan - less than a cup
        in all I would guess.

And although this is supposed to be a One Use pan, after removing the duck and the juice, the pan was still very clean looking. I simply washed it up and put it away for the next time I need to bake. The light film of duck juice just washed right off. All in all, I say buying this foil-roasting pan was a great value, as I will no doubt get many uses out of it.

I did not use the cover that came with the pan, so I cannot say how that performed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531001947840531/k2311a0110/1.10.10