Sargento Classic Cheddar Jack - Fancy Shredded  » Food  »
  • As it happened, this one was on sale and so I bought it
  • I like how easy this cheese is to use in all of my recipes
  • The only problem I noticed with this product is the tear-off top did not tear for me and I had to use a pair of scissors to get the package open
  • In my opinion that is a very minor fault and simple to solve

• by bookwyrm

Back before the holidays I was looking in the supermarket for shredded cheese. As it happened, this one was on sale and so I bought it. I’m glad I did, as this is a very excellent cheese indeed.

I like how easy this cheese is to use in all of my recipes. It’s already shredded so it saves me a lot of time, as otherwise I’d have to get out the shredded and do it myself. It’s faster and easier to just pour the correct amount of the plastic pouch the cheese comes in. I can either pour it into

a bowl or into my measuring cup: with a little tilting and light shaking of the bag, the cheese comes right out.

I also love the zipper at the top of the bag! That zipper is a real lifesaver as to keeping the cheese fresh in my refrigerator! It makes opening and closing the bag very fast and easy. And a zipper is much better than those other things you press together as half the time those things don’t close right at all. A zipper solves that problem nicely. The zipper is also shaped so my fingers can grab it ...

• easily and that is good. The zipper is gold while the track it slides upon is white, so it is easy to see too.

This cheese also tastes great! I have used it in a wide variety of recipes, although I had originally bought it for tacos. I have also used it in baked tuna sandwiches and on oatcakes. The rich cheesy flavor really brought the oat cakes alive with zest. This cheese is very versatile and you can use it for a ton of recipes.

And its real cheese, made from real milk and that means calcium.

The cheese

also keeps well in my refrigerator. That means I can buy a few packages to keep on hand. I like that, as I really don’t want to run up and back to the store all the time.

And the packages are large as well, which is another plus in my book. Each bag weighs a pound.

The only problem I noticed with this product is the tear-off top did not tear for me and I had to use a pair of scissors to get the package open. In my opinion that is a very minor fault and simple to solve.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271001947750531/k2311a0110/1.10.10