CVS Tussin Cough Formula Maximum Strength  » Medicine  »
  • I'm also financially sound and don't like the idea of dishing out $10 for cold and flu medication when I know that the store brand versions are usually just as good and cheaper than the name brand versions
  • I was hearing him cough maybe ever half an hour, but that break inbetween fits gave him the opportunity to fall asleep and I truly believe that sleep is the best medicine

• by Anasuya

I’m a frugal mother to the nth degree, and I have two children who are just now entering their teens and can start taking adult dosages of medications and we no longer have to keep a childrens version AND an adult version in the house at all times. This is nice because it gets expensive considering that in a house of four people, there’s almost always one of us not feeling so hot and in need of a little medicated help.

I don’t generally like dishing out medication to my kids, however, unless they just really aren’t feeling good and, for the most part, they don’t ask for anything until it’s already reached that point which is, thankfully, not that often.

But, about four months ago, my oldest son got

the flu and with teh swine flu scare going around, I was sure to start treating it as soon as possible.

I’m also financially sound and don’t like the idea of dishing out $10 for cold and flu medication when I know that the store brand versions are usually just as good and cheaper than the name brand versions.

I’m a huge fan of shopping for my medications at cvs because its nearby, and they have a wide selection of store brand products that will beat grocery store medicines in price almost any day of the week.

When my son got sick a few months ago, and had a nasty cough that was keeping him up almost all night long until he’d coughed himself directly into exhaustion, I ended up ...

• getting him the cvs brand tussin cough formula maximum strength.

He’s fourteen now, so I didn’t fear issues with the dosage.

He typically hates cough syrup but I find them to be more immediately soothing on a sore throat and cough than a pill, and this was no exception.

He only had to take it ever six hours too, which was nice, because then he wasn’t forced to swallow nasty syrup ever two hours.

And it IS nasty, make no mistake about that, but that’s pretty typical of this kind of medicine, and he told me within ten minutes that his sore throat was much better, and I could tell that his coughing had minimized within the hour a great deal.

Using this medication really helped him get to sleep

at night too, because his coughing was cut down enough (this is a cough suppressant), that he wasn’t having bouts of coughs every five minutes.

I was hearing him cough maybe ever half an hour, but that break inbetween fits gave him the opportunity to fall asleep and I truly believe that sleep is the best medicine.

He ended up feeling better in a matter of two days, because the coughing was so minimized, and I really believe that it’s because this cough syrup got him through the worst of a cold that would have otherwise lasted up to a week, sometimes even longer than that if it’s a particularly nasty one.

Great product and I’ll be trying it again even if, for a cvs brand, it was still pretty expensive at $7 a bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261001947360431/k2311a0110/1.10.10