Neosporin Lip Health Daily Hydration Therapy  » Health  »
1.0
  • I knew I had a problem licking my lips as a child when I'd come home from school with a giant red and painfully raw ring around my mouth where my tongue had irritated the skin from consistent licking
  • My husband used to joke that my lip balm issue was an addiction, and after reading that article, i really had to wonder if that was the case
  • But, when neosporin came out with the lip health daily hydration therapy tube, I was excited to try it since this one was specifically designed for lips and it was small and convenient
  • This product is expensive in regards to a lip balm, at about $5 for the tube, but it's supposed to lock in moisture and contained petroleum and seasame seed oil, which I thought was a nice touch
  • Be sure to avoid products with alcohol as an ingredient if it's supposed to hydrate

• by Anasuya

I knew I had a problem licking my lips as a child when I’d come home from school with a giant red and painfully raw ring around my mouth where my tongue had irritated the skin from consistent licking. From that period on, I pretty much always had a tube of lip-balm with me of some kind or another, and have tried a whole slew of products trying to find the one that was longest lasting. I used to use the chapstick brand almost religiously, and would go through a couple dozen tubes in half a year, until I read an article about it saying that the company uses an ingredient in their product (and I don’t know what that ingredient was, so who knows how accurate the article was) that actually causes your lips to dry out and therefore increases your dependency on the product.

My husband

used to joke that my lip balm issue was an addiction, and after reading that article, i really had to wonder if that was the case. My lips have been chapped ever since, and I’ve sometimes tried some medicated versions thinking that would help more, but it really just ends up burning my lips with a menthol ingredients.

Not exactly the sensation I was going for, let me tell you. I’ve also tried just using neosporin when they were especially chapped, but the consistency felt funny, even though the package said you could, in fact, use it on your lips.

But, when neosporin came out with the lip health daily hydration therapy tube, I was excited to try it since this one was specifically designed for lips and it was small and convenient. I typically use vaseline now, but the tube versions don’t work as well as the ...

• tubs of petroleum jelly (perhaps because they add water which dries the lips out more), but the jelly in a tub wasn’t convenient to carry in anything but my purse, so those days I didn’t want a purse were a pain, and I wanted to find a good sized tube I could carry in a pocket instead, without it being medicated with menthol or a chapstick brand.

This product is expensive in regards to a lip balm, at about $5 for the tube, but it’s supposed to lock in moisture and contained petroleum and seasame seed oil, which I thought was a nice touch. It felt really nice going on, and the tube was a nice and convenient shape and size.

Shorter than a regular tube, but wider. There’s no real taste, which is nice for me as well, because flavored lip balms generally encourage me to lick

my lips more which exasperates the problem, and it sort of felt like a vaseline product on my lips.

However, I also discovered that it contained alcohol, which is a drying ingredient, and why they felt the need to add that to this product is beyond me, especially when the word “hydration” is in the name of it, and that made me suspicious that this is another product that, though you may feel your lips are moisturized, as soon as the product wears off it’s drier than they were before. And that seemed to be exactly what happened.

I had to reapply this stuff every ten minutes, and at the end of a ten minute period, my lips felt more in need of this stuff than they did when I started. Not worth the money at all.

Be sure to avoid products with alcohol as an ingredient if it’s supposed to hydrate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341001947300431/k2311a0110/1.10.10