CVS Severe Cold Relief Pe Multi-Symptom Caplets  » Medicine  »
  • But, when I got sick about three months ago, and this doesn't happen often for me to come down with colds and flus to the severity that I had this one, I was absolutely miserable, and couldn't sleep thanks to the severe bouts of coughing fits and the sore throat, but it was the chills and general aches and pains that were the absolute worst for me and, since I just happened to have a week off of work by some miracle of the heavens, I decided that a sleepy-time medication wouldn't be such a bad call this time around
  • I had my husband pick me up a cvs brand cold medicine that was maximum strength and drowsy and he picked up CVS Severe Cold Relief Pe Multi-Symptom Caplets, which sounded awfully good to me at the time because I was really feeling miserable and I'd definitely categorize my cold as severe
  • I'd have prefered it if the drowsiness was more natural feeling, because I don't like feeling overly drugged, but it did what it said it would do
  • Problem was, when I woke up, I felt awful, because I slept so deeply that I didn't move at all, and so I was sore and felt pain everywhere from not having moved for practically four hours

• by Anasuya

When I get sick, I typically prefer a medication that will not make me drowsy, because I work a full time job and have two teenagers at home who need supervision from time to time, two dogs to walk on a daily basis, and lots of laundry and house chores that can’t always be neglected just because I’m not feeling well. It’s hard to function when you’re taking a medication that makes you drowsy and, half the time, that’s almost ALL the medication does… is make you sleepy enough to ignore the fact it’s not treating any of the symptoms you are experiencing. But, when I got sick about three months ago, and this doesn’t happen often for me to come down with colds and flus to the severity that I had this one, I was absolutely miserable,

and couldn’t sleep thanks to the severe bouts of coughing fits and the sore throat, but it was the chills and general aches and pains that were the absolute worst for me and, since I just happened to have a week off of work by some miracle of the heavens, I decided that a sleepy-time medication wouldn’t be such a bad call this time around.

I tend to also buy store brand medications over brand name medications whenever possible, because, quite frankly, every bit of money I can save the better, even if it’s only a $1 or so.

I had my husband pick me up a cvs brand cold medicine that was maximum strength and drowsy and he picked up CVS Severe Cold Relief Pe Multi-Symptom Caplets, which sounded awfully good to me at the time because ...

• I was really feeling miserable and I’d definitely categorize my cold as severe.

I took two tablets every four hours as described and took them with a full glass of water and on as empty a stomach I could because I’ve always found that helps them work more effectively and much more quickly than they would otherwise work. In this case, I was right.

I started feeling better even before the drowsiness kicked in. My chills had stopped, though I still felt pretty achey, and my fever was pretty much gone with the first two pills.

When the drowsiness kicked in, however, it was pretty extreme. When they say “marked drowsiness” on the box, they really aren’t kidding, because within a half an hour I was pretty much asleep.

I probably could’ve fought it, but you certainly wouldn’t

have found me much use as a result of fighting it. I’d have prefered it if the drowsiness was more natural feeling, because I don’t like feeling overly drugged, but it did what it said it would do.

Problem was, when I woke up, I felt awful, because I slept so deeply that I didn’t move at all, and so I was sore and felt pain everywhere from not having moved for practically four hours. And, because I was asleep, I can’t comment on how long the medication lasted in the treatment of the symptoms because I was asleep the whole time.

Who knows, this might just be a sleeping aid and the treatment of the symptoms might have only lasted an hour. But, before I fell asleep, I DID feel better, so it’s a good medication as far as I’m concerned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261001947200431/k2311a0110/1.10.10