Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
  • The major benefits I enjoyed for my laptop was the portability, the dual core speed, and the awesome 3GB ram

• by True Mainer

Tech Specs: Intel Core Duo ~2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM, 220 GB Hard Drive, Intel 965 Express Chipset

I initially bought my laptop for my work. It was such an improvement over my other PC that I abandoned it altogether. The major benefits I enjoyed for my laptop was the portability, the dual core speed, and the awesome 3GB ram. 90% of the time 90% of the programs I run on my computer load quickly and perform well throughout. The screen is widescreen dimensions and to me, seems very sharp and bright - perhaps moreso than my previous custom built PC. The hard drive space capacity was impressive. I am an avid collector of various multimedia

and even after storing several videos and audio files, I have not yet come near to reaching capacity. This is quite the relief since I don’t have to worry about cleaning out my folders weekly or monthly.

The size and portability of the Inspiron is quite impressive – even for a laptop. I am no longer confined to my office to work on my work. For better or worse, I now often work on my work in another room – usually the living room where I can be surrounded by people or watch sports at the same time. While the laptop initially came with Windows Vista, I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and the speed ...

• is wonderful. There are no delays or pauses when switching between programs. Unlike my old PC, I no longer worry how many programs are running simultaneously.

Perhaps the most significant disappointment with the Inspiron 1525 was encountered when I tried to run cutting edge modern 3D video games. This was on area in which my laptop was worse than my old computer (which had its own NVIDIA GeForce video card) actually performed better. But this was a disappointment I was willing to overlook. As I said earlier, my laptop was for work and for my work I did not need to perform graphics intensive operations.

Another disappointment worth mentioning is the battery life. The battery

life is nothing impressive. Unless you are just casually browsing the internet, writing documents, or doing something else that does not involve heavy usage of the hard drive, you will find the battery drop after an hour or so. I quickly learned not to press my luck and so only rarely do I do my work without being plugged in. Finally, the heat generated by the Inspiron 1525 can be very noticeable. Sometimes when using the touchpad, it will stop detecting motion by my finger. It seems to occur when it is hot. To counteract, I sometimes have to blow on the surface of the touchpad to get it working again. This can be quite frustrating.

Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631001946980431/k2311a0110/1.10.10