Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet Putter
  • I think the black definitely kills the appeal
  • I am not sure exactly what weight I was using but you can definitely tell that the solid build of this putter makes it very firm and weighty when swinging it
  • Unfortunately, it only comes in 34 and 35 inches but my local pro shop said they could easily cut it down to my size of 33in
  • The only problem is this putter is about 4 years old and could be difficult to find

• by ad22487

The Scotty Cameron (Titleist) Futura Phantom Mallet Putter is an older putter which might be difficult to find in golf stores.

The only reason I tried this putter is because it does not look like any Scotty Cameron putter that I have used in the past.

First, it’s a very large mallet putter with a black face. Personally, I am drawn to Scotty’s stainless steel look.

I think the black definitely kills the appeal. Next, this is a heavy putter. I am not sure exactly what weight I was using but you can definitely tell that the solid build of this putter makes it very firm and weighty when swinging it.

Next, the large head promotes a very generous sweet spot. I do not think its possible to hit a bad ...

• put using this club. Balls roll very smoothly off of it and do not hop or have too much backspin on them. Lining up putts is very easy with the putter as all you have to do is use the back of the putter in between the gaps.

I think this is a fantastic putter for beginner’s who should be using mallet style putters. Unfortunately,

it only comes in 34 and 35 inches but my local pro shop said they could easily cut it down to my size of 33in.

The only problem is this putter is about 4 years old and could be difficult to find. The one at my store was listed at $259 which I felt was a good deal.

Try it out if you can find it!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 611001946960431/k2311a0110/1.10.10