The Co operative Apple and Blackberry Pie  » Food  »
  • My local Co-operative appears to have an in-store bakery although I know that not all of them do
  • I think this was about ten inches in diameter and sprinkled with sugar and it cost me £1.29
  • The pie is cooked and just needs heating up, although you can eat them cold if you prefer, so I heated each one up only until it was just warm – taking about a minute and a half in the microwave - as I like it like that
  • The pie was delicious and tasted very fresh and of good quality

• by jeanne71

My local Co-operative appears to have an in-store bakery although I know that not all of them do. I was trying to decide which dessert to buy when a lady in a hairnet came out from the back of the shop and put some still warm Apple and Blackberry Pies on the shelf

and I could not resist them.

29.

I got four quarter portions out of this pie.

The pie is cooked and just needs heating up, although you can eat them cold if you prefer, so I heated each one up only until it was just warm – taking about a minute and a half in the microwave - as I like it like that.

I then put a big blob of whipped cream on top.

This pie was absolutely delicious.

The pastry was light, sugary ...

• The Co operative Apple and Blackberry Pie
      and went well with the filling which consisted of small pieces of apple with blackberry.

The filling was tasty and not too sweet or sickly.

The pie was delicious and tasted very fresh and of good quality.

It would no doubt have been great with custard too.

The price is

pretty good for this quality pie and this £1.

29 dessert kept me happy for three days.

The Co-op seems to have really developed over the years into a quality local convenience store and the addition of an in-store bakery is a great idea as it can provide lovely fresh baked goods such as this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27901946350631/k2311a019/1.9.10