CHI Silk Infusion
  • Plus, I can tell that it definitely shields my hair from heat damage

• by a_light

Often included with the Ceramic CHI flat irons, the CHI silk infusion is a great accompanying product. The silk infusion is to be pre-applied to your hair before using the Ceramic CHI flat iron, in order to protect it from heat damage. The silk infusion has a strong, yet sweet smelling scent.

It is even enhanced when heat is applied to it. The infusion is somewhat oily, and you dab a small amount into the palm of your hand

and gently run your fingers through your hair.

I’m not super fond of this type of application, because it is difficult to tell whether or not you are evenly spreading the product through your hair. Sometimes, it may be too heavily applied to one part of your hair and not enough to the other portions.

However, as long as you apply it away from the roots of your hair and more towards the tips, your hair will not look oily. Should ...

• you apply enough, your hair will look extra sleek and shiny after using the ceramic flat iron.

Sometimes, if there is too much product in your hair, it will show up as a burnt substance on the iron. It does not damage the iron, but it will be a nuisance, since you’ll have to clean your iron on afterward.

Though the product does work very well, the application process is not so stellar. I’d prefer a spray on silk

infusion, as it would more likely end up more evenly spread throughout my hair.

Plus, I can tell that it definitely shields my hair from heat damage. Whenever I am too lazy to apply the product, my hair tips to be dryer than usual.

More breakage can occur as well. As long as I apply the silk infusion to my hair, it is protected from the heat of the iron.

Plus, my hair looks even silkier, so that’s certainly a plus.

CHI Silk Infusion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31901946190531/k2311a019/1.9.10