IDEAL SHADE Concealer Stick  » Cosmetics  »
  • All my life I have suffered from problem skin
  • I now use a nice liquid foundation that does a good job covering imperfections and evening out my skin tone, and it's the perfect color for my fair complexion, but sometimes, especially on days when breakouts aren't really an issue, I'd like to be able to just use a small bit of concealer and some pressed powder and be about my business and maybe then I wouldn't have to worry about the oily condiitons of my skin causing my makeup to cake in all the crevices of my skin (especially the laugh lines around my mouth)
  • It's just a tiny stick, much the size of a eye liner pencil or lip liner, though maybe a little thicker, and it only cost about $4 which was certainly affordable enough for me to try out
  • I use my finger because I think a sponge picks up the concealer from your skin and you get less coverage that way

• by Anasuya

All my life I have suffered from problem skin. This includes excessively oily skin and skin prone to breakouts and, during my youth, all-out acne. It was a horrible thing to contend with during those delicate junior high school and high school years, and the application of make-up and general skin care was a tedious learning process. Over the years, I’ve picked up good skin care habits, and have a nice morning skin cleansing routine, which helps keep the blemishes to a minimum, though I still get the breakout when I’m menstruating, due to the change in my hormones (as most women can sympathize with). I’ve never had perfect skin, and I have to accept the fact that I may never have perfect skin due to the damages that have been done to it, but I can do whatever it takes to at least make it LOOK like I MIGHT have perfect skin, right? I now use a nice liquid foundation that does a good job covering imperfections and evening out my skin tone, and it’s the perfect

color for my fair complexion, but sometimes, especially on days when breakouts aren’t really an issue, I’d like to be able to just use a small bit of concealer and some pressed powder and be about my business and maybe then I wouldn’t have to worry about the oily condiitons of my skin causing my makeup to cake in all the crevices of my skin (especially the laugh lines around my mouth).

I order avon products almost monthly, and have done so for the past twenty years (ever since I spent a six month stint selling the products to others), and have had found a lot of success in their products, generally speaking, though not much success at all with their foundations and concealors. But, I’m determined to believe there’s one they provide that will work the way I need it to. I ordered about a dozen foundations, powders and concealors a couple months ago (not a dozen of each, but a dozen in combination), and the Ideal Shade concealer stick was one of them. It’s just a ...

• tiny stick, much the size of a eye liner pencil or lip liner, though maybe a little thicker, and it only cost about $4 which was certainly affordable enough for me to try out.

It’s a full coverage concealer that you can use on under eye circles, which mine are bad and dark and puffy and always a problem with me. You just pat the stick under the eye a couple times (or on the problem area) and then blend in with your finger or a sponge. I use my finger because I think a sponge picks up the concealer from your skin and you get less coverage that way. I used the “fair” color, though there was only two to chose from… fair and light. I applied it like I mentioned on my under eye circles and it covered it very well. That area was still darker than the surrounding skin, but not nearly as sickly looking as it was beforehand. I would also use it on little blemishes to cover it, and it didn’t cover

quite as well in instances like that. It was totally insufficient, but it wasn’t as full coverage as I had hoped. It worked well enough though, and when I’m not experiencing blemishes, I can use this under my eyes and around the discoloration on my chin and around my nose, apply some powder and I’m good to go without having to worry that a layer of makeup will start caking in my laugh lines because of my oily complexion. It does nothing to treat oil, by the way, but that’s not exactly why I’d buy a small concealer in the first place, so that’s not really a con. In the end, it was an excellent product for a concealer and for the price and did what its’ meant to do. Not good for blemish coverages, but good to even out an unruly skin tone on select areas of the face, and blends well when a nice powder is applied over it. Will probably be trying this one again in the future. One bright spot in an otherwise useless purchase of foundations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31901946030531/k2311a019/1.9.10