Girl Happy movie  » Movies  »
  • I also have to mention that one reason Girl Happy remains a standout for me is that my cousin has a bit part in it

• by Orrymain

1965 gave the world another Elvis Presley movie, this time called Girl Happy. It featured, once again, Shelley Fabares. She and the King had a real chemistry going, but I have to say that I hated her hairdo in this flick. She looked really funny with that style.

I also have to mention that one reason Girl

Happy remains a standout for me is that my cousin has a bit part in it. He’s not credited, but he’s seen and has a line of dialog. It’s when Valerie’s father shows up at the hotel looking for Valerie and he interrupts some romantic tomfoolery. I get a kick out of it anyway.

I’d talk about ...

• the plot, but haven’t we seen it repeatedly as it is? Poor Elvis had to do the same movie over and over again. Boy has attitude or Boy is playboy. Boy meets girl. Girl turns out to be girl of his dreams. Solve some crazy conflict or misunderstanding. Wedding bells.

Gary Crosby is

fun to watch in this one. His role as one of Elvis’ best buddies is suited for him. The female brigade this time around includes Nita Talbot and Mary Ann Mobley.

I watch Girl Happy. I don’t have to think much when I’m watching it, but it’s Elvis … and it’s my cousin, so I have to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11901945790531/k2311a019/1.9.10