MagiX Tinted Face Perfector  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • Just recently, however, I thought there might be a ray of hope in my future
  • It's more like a nice compact pressed powder that is supposed to reduce the look of pores on the face (and those on my nose have always been the most troublesome), reduce the look of fine lines (which is a problem I'm beginning to experience now in my thirties), and hold back shine for up to ten hours
  • I didn't exactly expect it to work for ten hours because there are those convenient words for up to to consider, which could mean it only controls shine for one of those ten hours, and it would still be living up to its promise
  • It's a sheer coverage, so if you're looking for a powder that will cover blemishes, this wont do it, and i found that, used alone, it didn't even cover skin discoloration and uneven skin tones
  • It's not pleasant, but it's not exactly unpleasant either and, luckily, dissipates once it's dry on the face, so that wasn't as big a problem as I thought it would be

• by Anasuya

The one thing I’ve always loathed about my skin, other than the blemish problems I’ve experienced over the years, was the oily complexion I was born with and have had to deal with for the past thirty-four years. I started out using pancake makeup in my youth, which kept the oil at bay only because it trapped it beneath a thick layer of makeup, which was like then a breeding ground for oily buildup in the pores which lead to more breakouts than I was already experiencing. Since then I’ve tried all kinds of toners and mattifyers and foundations that claim to keep oil at bay so you can have a nice matte finish to your skin without any shine to worry about. Some of those products work, but not for long, and it’s only a matter of hours before I have to deal with blotting my face with rice paper sheets to get rid of the oil buildup.

It’s been a hassle all my life and one I’m beginning to think I’ll just have to live with. Just recently, however, I thought there might be a ray of hope in

my future. One of my co-workers told me she sells avon on the side, and I’ve LOVED buying from avon for over twenty years now, and badgered her for a little book to peruse and see if I could find some sort of foundation that might work.

I use a nice Revlon foundation right now that covers pretty well and is a good color, but does nothing at all to treat the oil, though it doesn’t make the oily conditions of my skin any worse. So, I figured I’d just have to settle for that, but it didn’t stop me from order a dozen different foundations from avon when I had the chance. The first two I tried were failures really, and did nothing at all for me and were a bigger pain than they were worth, but this one seemed a bit more promising.

The Magix tinted face perfector isn’t exactly a foundation. It’s more like a nice compact pressed powder that is supposed to reduce the look of pores on the face (and those on my nose have always been the most troublesome), reduce the look of fine lines ...

• (which is a problem I’m beginning to experience now in my thirties), and hold back shine for up to ten hours. That was the kicker for me… the fact it’s supposed to control shine for most of the day.

I didn’t exactly expect it to work for ten hours because there are those convenient words “for up to” to consider, which could mean it only controls shine for one of those ten hours, and it would still be living up to its promise. Tricky marketing, but smart. But, I was holding out hope that it would at least work well enough to prevent me from having to blot every two hours.

It comes in five shades and I chose the “fair” variety, which is just about the only one that works for my very pale complexion without making me looking like a tanningbed freak accident. It’s a sheer coverage, so if you’re looking for a powder that will cover blemishes, this wont do it, and i found that, used alone, it didn’t even cover skin discoloration and uneven skin tones. But, with that said, what I DID discover is that it

really did keep my shine to a minimum.

It’s a liquid to powder compact, which normally feels to heavy for me, but this one actually dried nicely and felt very light and hardly there at all. There is, however, a strange smell to it that I can’t accurately describe well enough. It’s not pleasant, but it’s not exactly unpleasant either and, luckily, dissipates once it’s dry on the face, so that wasn’t as big a problem as I thought it would be.

I thought it was a powder though, and not a liquid to powder combo, so you can’t use a normal better coverage foundation under it, because this IS the foundation. And it’s such a minimal coverage I couldn’t see it being worth it. You can’t apply more thinking that will cover more because then it looks caked on.

Didn’t help with my uneven skin tone, and couldn’t cover blemishes, but was a good shade and it DID control shine. If all your looking for is minimal coverage and shine control, then this is perfect… too bad I needed it to do more than that. Foundations are still the bane of my existence!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31901945600431/k2311a019/1.9.10