Merlot Wine Cafe  » Restaurants  »
23 O’Connell Street, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand
  • It's very busy so I would recommend making a booking if you wish to dine there
  • I tried the pork belly with roast potatoes and was suitably impressed

• by Urban Beaute

The Merlot Wine Cafe on O’Connell street is a cosy little restaurant. It’s very busy so I would recommend making a booking if you wish to dine there. Also just with the location of it, parking is almost impossible so be prepared to walk a little while to your

destination.

Decor wise it was stunning, candles on the tables, small cosy intimate tables in a warm setting. It had the feel of being one of those lovely expensive restaurants yet it still felt very welcoming.

The wait staff were friendly and helpful and offered advice on what meals to try.

• I tried the pork belly with roast potatoes and was suitably impressed. Afterwards I tried the dessert menu and tasted the Creme Brulee, again I was not let down.

The Merlot Wine cafe is a cute upmarket restaurant with a warm friendly atmosphere. The staff didn’t keep us waiting for

long and the food arrived promptly. The prices are reasonable, not cheap but not more than you would expect. I had a fantastic time dining there and will be sure to return, infact I loved it so much I might come back for an occasion such as a birthday or something similar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7801944620231/k2311a018/1.8.10