Assassin’s Creed (PS3)
  • Little did I know that I was in for a big surprise
  • The controls and methods are also easy to grasp, and the learning curve isn’t as steep as I thought it would be
  • Of course, there are gamers like me who won’t get bored with mindless stress relief through assassinating all sorts of digital people, so it being repetitive isn’t really that much of an issue for me
  • The game’s storyline is also solid and the mystery surrounding the assassin’s guild is quite interesting
  • It really is among the best games ever for the PS3

• by poyayan

I recently picked up Assassin’s Creed for the PlayStation 3 so that I could finish it and proceed to play the highly-touted sequel Assassin’s Creed II. I was really expecting good gameplay, but since the game was released late in 2007, I didn’t expect it to be visually impressive in terms of graphics. Little did I know that I was in for a big surprise.

Assassin’s Creed is mesmerizing, to

say the least. The game contains lush, vivid backgrounds rife with people, interacting with each other and with the character. True enough, I’m having a hard time believing that this game was released over 2 years ago.

Gameplay is as solid as you could want, with linear progression interspersed with sandbox style of character exploration. The controls and methods are also easy to grasp, and the learning curve isn’t as steep as I thought it would be.

However, a couple of hours into the game, it’s easy to see that the gameplay becomes quite repetitive. Of course, there are gamers like me who won’t get bored with mindless stress relief through assassinating all sorts of digital people, so it being repetitive isn’t really that much of an issue for me.

Another area for improvement would be the artificial intelligence, or AI,

• Assassin's Creed (PS3)
      of the non-player characters—or those people the character mindlessly assassinate. Sometimes, the reactions of the guards are unbelievable, like when you kill one guard near another and the other guard doesn’t even notice it even when your character doesn’t use stealth.

The game’s storyline is also solid and the mystery surrounding the assassin’s guild is quite interesting. There’s a nice twist at the end, so you really have to watch

out for that.

With the fun and appreciation I have for Assassin’s Creed, I am definitely looking forward to the sequel (which has already been released recently). If you haven’t picked this game up, grab a copy of Assassin’s Creed now. They should already be discounted owing to the age of the game, and I guarantee that this is quite the bargain. It really is among the best games ever for the PS3.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28801944510231/k2311a018/1.8.10