Campbell’s Select Harvest Light: Maryland-Style Crab Soup  » Food  »
1.0
  • I am all for trying something new, so I decided to give it a whirl
  • I thought that I could doctor it up a bit by adding a little salt, some black pepper and a little ketchup, but that didn't help much

• by Mitzi

I had never tried Select Harvest Maryland-Style Crab, but the Campbell’s brand is one that you can count on for quality and I have been enjoying their soups for years. I am all for trying something new, so I decided to give it a whirl.

The label, which shows a really mouth-watering bowl of soup,

says that this only has 80 calories per serving, is low in fat and cholesterol, has no artificial flavors and no MSG. O.k., sounds good so far.

I heated it up and let it sit following the microwave instructions. I didn’t add any water, again per instructions. It’s a good thing too because water would ...

• have washed away what little flavor this soup had. It was already very weak and watery.

The product is Maryland-Style Crab. I’m not familiar with this style, but if I had to go by this soup, Maryland-Style means without crab because I have yet to taste or see any. The white chunks that I originally

took for crab turned out to be potatoes.

I thought that I could “doctor it up” a bit by adding a little salt, some black pepper and a little ketchup, but that didn’t help much. I’m sorry, I really wanted to like this because it’s Campbell’s, but this one was just a waste of time and money.

John W says :

Very disappointed with the soup. It might be a half way decent VEGETABLE soup, but it is far from being a Maryland crab soup. Yes, it`s LITE…. LITE on any crab. They must have jiggled a crab near the pot in hopes some of the taste would stick. on a scale of 1 to find this one gets a 1.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27801944450231/k2311a018/1.8.10