Scrubs: Our Mysteries  » TV  »
  • I know Braff is basically a recurring guest star, but he's still the main character

• by David Finniss

It’s the end of the..semester I guess. JD says it’s his last day and all of the students are filling in teacher evaluations.

JD ends up being number one, although he ends up doing some butt kissing to get it. The fact that JD keeps leaving and coming back is lampshaded and JD admits that even he’s confused.

I have to admit, the opening was pretty funny. I laughed quite a bit, more than I

had all season.

One review hits a nerve as it says JD’s needy and a bad teacher who cares more about people liking him than knowing medicine.

The appearance of Kelso was a nice touch, but I’m still not sure about the idea of JD leaving. I know Braff is basically a recurring guest star, but he’s still the main character. He can miss a couple of episodes, but I don’t know if the show can ...

• go the remainder of the season without him.

The episode started strong, but kind of tapered off as far as humor goes. It was good to see that Cox is still invested in JD and does acknowledge that he turned out to be a pretty good doctor even though he needed to learn to be a good teacher.

The balloon gag was funny though why anyone thought seeing Lucy roller skate with a giant needle was funny is beyond

me.

The whole Denise and Drew thing was alright I guess. Cox finally mentioning Jordan was nice and it was appropriate that he would comment on their relationship seeing as he comments on everything and he did provide, as always, a unique perspective, though this is one of the rare occasions where he was wrong.

This episode was alright. One of the better ones of the season, but this season has been a bit rocky from the get go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10801944360131/k2311a018/1.8.10