Royal Carribean (Eastern)  » Cruises/Ferries  »
Fort Lauderdale port
  • Being terrified of boats I was somewhat leery of what I might experience

• by Mikelorltd

On February 7th my husband and I set sail on the RC Independence of the Seas for a 9 day cruise through the Eastern Carribean. Being terrified of boats I was somewhat leery of what I might experience. Well, we’re going again next month.

The Independence was like living in your own little city. The

cabins were immaculate. The different levels on the ship offered many activities for adults and kids. The food was amazing. The dining experience was like a 5 star restaurant. The cabin stewards were always smiling and added little touches to the cabins while we were out exploring. There were many choices for excursions and the ...

• guides were very informative. The sailing itself was great although I was seasick on the first day however one of the stewards gave me a tip to help and it worked like a charm.

We travelled from Fort Lauderdale to Puerto Rico (absolutely gorgeous), St Maartens (rainy but warm), St Thomas (beautiful) and Labadee Haiti (by

far my favorite). We had a RC Bar B Q on the beach in Labadee and the food there was superb as well. I had a ball “dickering” with the locals at the market and came away with quite a few bargains.

The ship had everything from Bingo to Ice Shows, Spa treatments to Circus shows. It was awesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4801944350131/k2311a018/1.8.10