Domino’s new Hand Tossed Pizza  » Food  »
98 East Main Street Ramsey NJ
  • Since someone else was ordering a pizza from Domino's and I had just seen the commercials for their new and improved Hand Tossed pizza, I thought I would give it a try since a slice was offered to me
  • Although it is definitely an improvement from their past attempts, its still not authentic pizza
  • I was happy to see this restaurant has updated their sign board to comply with the new bill passed in December that all chain stores must supply customers with calorie information

• by TaleofGenji

I have to admit, I’m not a fan of chain pizza. Domino’s, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut just don’t do it for me. Since someone else was ordering a pizza from Domino’s and I had just seen the commercials for their new and improved Hand Tossed pizza, I thought I would give it a try since a slice was offered to me.

The slice I tried had sausage and pepperoni toppings.

Although it is definitely an improvement from their past attempts, its still not authentic pizza. My first choice would still be the local mom and pop shop pizza joints but this is at least an option if push comes to shove.

The commercials claim they have improved everything about this pizza, the sauce, the crust and the cheese. I will give them that the sauce is more flavorful and the cheese ...

• was good but the crust is still lacking. It’s very cakey and although the commercials boast a garlic brushed crust, I couldn’t taste the garlic at all.

The web-site’s nutritional information is very helpful. http://www.dominos.com/home/menu/nutrition.jsp It allows you a few different options to figure out what your best bet is when choosing your food. I especially liked the cal-o-meter feature and the lighter options tab.

I was happy to see this

restaurant has updated their sign board to comply with the new bill passed in December that all chain stores must supply customers with calorie information. It’s especially helpful that they tell you how many calories the entire pizza contains instead of per slice. Even though the info is given in ranges based on what you order, it still gives you a better idea of what exactly you’re consuming, allowing you to make smarter choices.

Domino's new Hand Tossed Pizza

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27801944050131/k2311a018/1.8.10