St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed it actually had an immediate softening effect on my skin

• by thebeautyjunkie

I’m fond of reading magazines and beauty articles and almost every one of them advised its readers against using a facial scrub… the nitty-gritty kind. I even read an article from Glamour once written by a dermatologist about this whole don’t-scrub-your-face thingy. I was fond of using face scrubs then so I stopped immediately. I started using a face lotion cleanser so mild it didn’t seem to do anything at all. In just 2 weeks time, my face seemed too crowded with whiteheads and blackheads, I started to imagine them migrating to other parts of my body. My face was oily, dull and rough. Needless to say, I felt ugly. So I decided… to hell with the beauty advices and just go with whatever works for me. I went straight to the drugstore vowing never to live with this kind of horror ever again. I

got my usual facial scrub product, but somehow the unassuming tube of St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub caught my attention and the next thing I knew, I was taking both home in my shopping bag.

That night, I took a chance in using the new St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub I got. I figured if it would wreck havoc on my face, at least I have my other trusted scrub to undo the damage. I took a deep breath and squeezed a pea-sized amount on my fingertip. It smelled funny, somewhat medicine-y. I used other St. Ives Apricot Scrubs before and they smelled nice. The one for sensitive skin actually smelled good. But then again the medicine-y smell did not linger anyway, so I felt it was okay. I noticed it actually had an immediate softening effect on my ...

• skin. After toweling off, I looked at my face in the mirror and I felt like I was looking at myself again, my skin was glowing. I congratulated the tube of miracle. It passed the initial test. If it can only rid my face of the wearisome whiteheads and blackheads that seem to have taken permanent residence on my face as soon as possible, then I will gladly give it a place in my “all-time favorite beauty savers” shelf.

Six months after…

I’m now on my second “tube of miracle”. It has resuscitated my skin to life. The white heads and blackheads are gone in less than two weeks. My skin is as smooth and glowing as a baby’s! I also realized I don’t get pimples that often now. I would get one every now and then when I tend to get really lazy and bypass my

beauty regimen. But St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub seems to help make the lifespan of the pimple shorter, just don’t scrub it right on the pimple. And it even helps in making the blemish scars fade. I only use it in the evening though. I massage my face with Cetaphil Cleanser for a minute to melt make-up (even waterproof!), and then I splash my face with water and use the St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. Voila, Clean, smooth, glowing skin in less than 3 minutes! Oh! And I also use it on my décolleté every week to prevent bumps caused by sweat and oil. What else? Oh yeah, I use it all over my body after waxing or shaving as it prevents ingrown hair. Seems like it really is a great “tube of miracle”, right? Well, I guess that’s for you to find out.

St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31701943740331/k2311a017/1.7.10