Nabari No Ou Episode 1  » Movies  »
  • As an interesting note, he seems to be paired up with Brina Palencia, who is voicing Miharu, but she’s playing a boy this time using her “Odin” voice she used in RomeoXJuliet
  • It’s not too over the top like in Naruto, which I watch on a casual basis and I found that I like Nabari No Ou more than I like Naruto because Nabari keeps it simple and it’s a lot easier to understand than Naruto when it comes to the Ninja Way

• by ReViewMeMedia

Nabari No Ou is a Japanese anime about a boy named Miharu Rokujo, an average, apathetic boy who doesn’t really want to do anything. At school he is asked by Kouichi Aizawa to join his martial arts club. He declines and goes home. He is followed by his teacher Thobari Kumohira, who warns him that he is being hunted by other ninja and could be killed. He blows this off again and the next day he sees Kouichi Aizawa being attacked by another ninja.

Nabari No Ou

is an interesting show. The whole take on modern day ninjas is not at all new but this gives it a new twist as the main character is the most apathetic character I’ve seen in awhile. Brina Palencia plays him brilliantly as his apathetic self.

Chris Burnett plays Kouichi Aizawa very well and it’s nice to see him acting using normal English as the only other performance I saw him in was RomeoXJuliet. As an interesting note, he seems to be paired up with Brina Palencia,

• who is voicing Miharu, but she’s playing a boy this time using her “Odin” voice she used in RomeoXJuliet. Chris does a great job and conveys everything about his character very well.

I also like the fight scenes in this anime. It’s not too over the top like in Naruto, which I watch on a casual basis and I found that I like Nabari No Ou more than I like Naruto because Nabari keeps it simple and it’s a lot easier to understand than Naruto when it comes to

the Ninja Way.

I like this series so far and I’d recommend it to anyone who likes martial arts anime and ninjas. It’s got an interesting story and characters. It also has a good English dub and great opening and ending themes. It’s quite fun and I’d say check it out before deciding whether or not to buy.

Funimation is streaming Nabari No Ou on their website Funimation.com/video under the title “Nabari No Ou”. The dub has not been uploaded completely but they upload new episodes on Fridays.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11701943510231/k2311a017/1.7.10