Nine (2009)
  • I did not expect to like the movie that much, and I must say that I found it entertaining

• by opalina143

I went to see Nine because my sister is a big fan of musicals and wanted to see the screen adaptation of this one. I did not expect to like the movie that much, and I must say that I found it entertaining.

The story revolves around cinema director Guido Contini, who directed movies in Italy. Guido is a big star, and he is in contract for a new

movie. The show is cast and the actors are ready to start work, the magazines are all interviewing him, and the movie is ready to shoot. But the film has no script, because Guido has been unable to write it.

The film focuses on Guido’s writers block, but more on the women in his life.

The plot is a bit uneven, but the music is good. The lyrics leave ...

• a bit to be desired. There is a lot of repetition in them. The staging is well done though.

There are many big stars in the movie- Judy Dench, Penelope Cruz, Nichole Kidman, Kate Hudson, and Daniel Day Lewis. I am not a fan of Penelope Cruz, but I found her to be pretty good in this movie. She can sing, which is a plus. Judy Dench was

not that good, she can barely sing. Kidman and Hudson were adequate, but Daniel Day Lewis was completely miscast. He was too old, and not attractive enough for the part. It was hard to believe that he had all these beautiful women falling for him.

My sister says that many of the original songs from the show were cut, and she didn’t like the movie very much. Overall, I thought it was only ok.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11701943210231/k2311a017/1.7.10