Lage Raho Munnabhai Movie  » Movies  »
  • But what I enjoyed most was Boman Irani's portrayal of a corrupt Sikh
  • In the earlier Munnabhai MBBS, he played the role of a doctor and I thought he had surpassed himself

• by Mridula
      Who is in it : Sanjay Dutt, Vidya balan, Boman Irani, Arshad Warsi I normally go to the movies with the intention of enjoying myself. I do not like films that leave me with a depressing feeling, or with a heavy heart. Life is difficult enough as it is, so when I seek entertainment, I seek joy and laughter along with it.

Lage Raho Munnabhai was therefore a delight to watch. We

came away with a smile on our faces and with a feeling that all is well with the world.

Hindi films normally make a hash of comedies. They are either too loud or too slapstick.

Gentle ironic comedy does seem very rare. But Munnabhai is an out of the ordinary comedy .

It is the story of a conman, who has spent a lifetime duping people. But in his efforts to woo a young radio jockey, he reads up a lot of books on Mahatma Gandhi and learns to understand the value of Gandhi’s teachings.

It does seem very odd when you find Mahatma Gandhi talking to him and guiding him into doing actions which go against Munnabhai’s nature. But somehow even this becomes plausible, and becomes a natural part of the story.

Munnabhai’s transformation into a non-violent human being is gently portrayed,

• Lage Raho Munnabhai Movie
      without thrusting Gandhi’s philosophies on you. Sanjay Dutt acts out the role of a “tapori” as only he can.

A very large sized actor like him looks diminutive in front of Mahatma Gandhi - this is due to some excellent direction and acting. But what I enjoyed most was Boman Irani’s portrayal of a corrupt Sikh.

In the earlier Munnabhai MBBS, he played the role of a doctor and I thought he

had surpassed himself. But I was wrong.

Here he is absolutely fabulous. His clothes, his manner of talking - his attitude are all typical of my community of Punjabis.

He not only stands shoulder to shoulder with Sanjay Dutt but on occasion surpasses him. Go and see this film, and maybe like a lot of the young people today you will come back with a new vision of Mahatma Gandhi, and will come back with a smile on your face.

Lage Raho Munnabhai Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11250994281130/k2311a0925/9.25.06