Avatar  » Movies  »
2.5
  • It cost us £8 each to get in which is more expensive than normal at that cinema but the extra was because it was a 3D performance
  • Unfortunately, I think that the time and effort spent on visuals has meant that the plot took second fiddle so to speak
  • For people interested in storylines and plot twists I wouldn't recommend this film but as a piece of groundbreaking cinema it is undeniably a must-see
  • It's not something I would pay to go and see again but it was a great experience to see how technology is moving on from traditional film making techniques

• by lidders2k

I went to watch Avatar last night with my girlfriend at our local cinema’s new screen with 3D. It cost us £8 each to get in which is more expensive than normal at that cinema but the extra was because it was a 3D performance.

On our way in we were given 3D glasses to wear which started out a little uncomfortable but didn’t take too long to get used to.

They made the viewing experience amazing! From the very first scene in the film it is easy to see why this was the most expensive film

ever to make.

The visuals are stunning and having never been to a 3D film before I was glad this was my first as apparently this is the first one where everything is filmed in full 3D.

It was wierd to be able to see depth and and texture on the screen and it never lost your attention because there were so many scenes where there would be something like a fly or insect would be flying around and it would seem like it was coming near you and really coming away from the screen.

It added ...

• a level of intensity you don’t get anywhere else in the big chase/flight scenes.

Unfortunately, I think that the time and effort spent on visuals has meant that the plot took second fiddle so to speak.

Although entertaining, it was at times painfully predictable and the some of the characters lacked depth because of the speed of the story.

Just when you think something key to the story is going to happen, the plot will race into another scene that makes use of the visual capabilities of the outfit.

For people

interested in storylines and plot twists I wouldn’t recommend this film but as a piece of groundbreaking cinema it is undeniably a must-see.

It’s not something I would pay to go and see again but it was a great experience to see how technology is moving on from traditional film making techniques.

Once this technology is paired with better stories I think it will hail a new era in entertainment.

For now though we will have to settle for Avatar’s plot whilst we marvel at it’s visual prowess.

Go and watch, but be prepared for better in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11701942740131/k2311a017/1.7.10