Estasi bar and Restaurant
222 Ponsonby Road, Auckland New Zealand
  • I ordered roast duck and was impressed at how well it was cooked and presented
  • The meal options were fairly standard, fancy, expensive yet somewhat boring food, the dessert however looked more promising
  • I think it's safe to say I won't be returning anytime soon when there are restaurants out there that do manage to get those things right
  • I can't say it was a bad experience, however I also can't say dining at Estasi is one I'll remember in six months time

• by Urban Beaute

Estasi is a restaurant in Ponsonby that has gotten a lot of rave reviews. Due to the popularity of the neighbourhood and restaurant I would advise you make a booking and keep in mind finding good parking may be tough on a busy night.

As for the restaurant itself the decor is fairly standard, it looks nice

but it’s nothing to write home about. I ordered roast duck and was impressed at how well it was cooked and presented. The meal options were fairly standard, fancy, expensive yet somewhat boring food, the dessert however looked more promising.

What I was less than impressed with was the service. It wasn’t bad, however ...

• I can’t say it was good in comparison with other restaurants. The staff looked overworked and confused.

The one thing I was impressed with however was the atmosphere, it was busy and vibrant. However that’s not enough when the service/food and price range is not up to par.

Estasi has good food, not great food and average

service topped off with expensive prices. I think it’s safe to say I won’t be returning anytime soon when there are restaurants out there that do manage to get those things right. I can’t say it was a bad experience, however I also can’t say dining at Estasi is one I’ll remember in six months time.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7701942620131/k2311a017/1.7.10