Nodame Cantabile volume 11  » Books  »
  • It keeps a really funny storyline, making me enjoy it while reading
  • The events take place too quickly for my taste, but it has been the rithm that all the story has followed, so I got used to it
  • Making a person to laugh is not as easy as it may seem, and this manga is making me laugh a lot

• by Cal

In the eleventh volume of Nodame Cantabile, we get to know the result of the conducting contest. Chiaki impresses everyone with his technique, and wins first place. After this he’s kidnapped and forced to sign a contract to do a world tour with Von Stresseman, so he goes, leaving Nodame in France.

It’s a little sad to say goodbye to the new characters that were introduced in the previous volume, but here we get to know what

happened with older characters. It keeps a really funny storyline, making me enjoy it while reading. Nodame seems to be back to her dumbest moments, but that makes the character adorable, and makes the reader to really like her. The events take place too quickly for my taste, but it has been the rithm that all the story has followed, so I got used to it. Like Nodame’s piano playing, you have to follow a quick ...

• tempo, but that makes the piece -in this case, the story- stronger.

There are moments more centered in Nodame too. She finally begins school, but first she gets to interact with her apartment building mates. The first day of school comes, and she gets to know that her new teacher was one of the judges in the piano contest. She also losts her confidence by his words.

The end of this volume follows all the previous one’s technique,

leaving the story in a high peak but making you wait to see what will be behind it until the next volume. Again nicely written and drawn, this story makes a great use of comedy resources. Making a person to laugh is not as easy as it may seem, and this manga is making me laugh a lot. That makes me enjoy it. The story is also really catchy, so no wonder that is has so many followers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17701942540131/k2311a017/1.7.10