Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy perfume  » Perfume  »
2.0
  • Whatever I like while I am trying something may later on be discarded from my favorite list and trashed into the disliked corner of my closet
  • There was confusion at first because I thought I was smelling citrus but it swiftly changed to red cherries, overripe smell and pimento with it
  • I just don't like an intense opening because it is not interesting, too bold and irritating
  • I believe that a fruity smell is more seductive

• by ayesha

I came across this perfume because of its ad featuring Liv Tyler in an Italian fashion magazine. I have always loved Liv Tyler and given that she is the face of the perfume I jumped at a chance of purchasing my first bottle. They often say you were out of sight or out of mind but what about the perfume we smell? Once we smell a perfume, we tend to like it at first try. This is sometimes true to me. Whatever I like while I am trying something may later on be discarded from my favorite list and trashed into the disliked corner of my closet. We worry about the number of perfumes we have but I do not. I keep on buying and buying.

One time, I did not keep track of one perfume not knowing I still had one bottle untouched. I guess my ambiguity sometimes is because my nose is so engrossed with lots of smell.

Absolutely Irresistible is a name commonly used. Another brand used “Irresistible” as one of the names of a perfume. To start with, the name is so generic. It used red to coat confidence in the bottle and even lure us with envy that once you are wearing this you are absolutely irresistible. The bottle has a prolonged shape, similar to Gucci Envy however the lower part has designs of having twirls. Then beneath the flacon are like studded designs that you use in belts. It was a great accent but it was too formal for me. It was like a dress with so many details. Like the name, the look was seen previously. I would not take this as something extraordinary.

The scent is floral. First spray smells citrus with overripe cherries and a bit spicy after several seconds. Then it smells like floral but it is like the jasmine soap that I tried. The base gave this minty but woody smell. A little bit of amber was good for the dry down. The fragrance has piquant taste, the over all dry down is better but the opening was such a mess. There was confusion at first because I thought I was smelling citrus but it swiftly changed to red cherries, overripe smell and pimento with it.

• Absolutely Irresistible by Givenchy perfume
      Imagine lemonade and you dipped it with pimento, this is exactly the combination that you get. It was incongruous because it seems all top notes were the opposite of each other. I cannot reconcile citrus with a humid note or an oriental note. In my interpretation I guess pimento was placed as one of the top notes to create this seduction that they wanted to create. Unfortunately, this was not successful. It even gave the scent stinky color or unpleasant beginning. They could have stayed with a light opening and then gave the blow during the dry down. I tell you the opening was not pleasant to the nose. It was spicy, will go straight to your head and give you migraine. I felt like crying
      when I first sniff it. I just don’t like an intense opening because it is not interesting, too bold and irritating. This smell good though as it dries down however, the over all effect is not beautiful for me. I would like to describe the smell as harmful and not engaging because it does not deserve attention. This is a glum concoction to be called absolutely irresistible. There were outstanding notes which can make this pleasant like perhaps they could have sticked with the fruity notes. I believe that a fruity smell is more seductive. The risk that they took in giving it hints of spicy smell did not pay off. When you’re wearing this, the only thing irresistible is for you not to engage on it further.

Astha Bhushan says :

re : I believe that a fruity smell is more seductive
This is the best perfume .Smells amazing . Best for date night .

Astha Bhushan says :

re : I believe that a fruity smell is more seductive
Yes it is seductive

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56701942181231/k2311a017/1.7.10