Kroger Potato Chips - Sour Cream and Onion  » Food  »
2.5
  • These chips did have ridges and that is something that the Walmart sour cream and onion chips lack, and while I prefer chips with ridges or ripples to chips that are smooth, the chip also has to taste good and while these chips did have a mildly good flavor to them, it was not a strong enough flavor to win me over
  • For those looking for a cheaper alternative to the name brand chips, I definitely recommend the Walmart Great Value brand of sour cream and onion chips over the Kroger brand - or, if you are willing to spend a little more money for a healthier chip, go with the SunChips brand

• by GenesisOne

I did not care too much for the Kroger brand of sour cream and onion chips. Unlike the regular, rippled chips from Kroger, these chips really did not offer a very strong or memorable flavor of sour cream or onion.

Neither flavor managed to stand out too well.

I did taste the sour cream, which was overshadowed somewhat by the onion, and I did like what I tasted, but

there was just not enough for me to taste where I could see myself spending another two dollars on a bag.

That is more than what Walmart charges for their Great Value chips and more chips come in the bags that Walmart produces - plus, Walmart’s chips are tastier.

These chips did have ridges and that is something that the Walmart sour cream and onion chips lack, and while ...

• I prefer chips with ridges or ripples to chips that are smooth, the chip also has to taste good and while these chips did have a mildly good flavor to them, it was not a strong enough flavor to win me over.

It is probably for the better, anyway, because potato chips are not good for the body or the skin, and the fewer I eat of them the

better off I will be.

For those looking for a cheaper alternative to the name brand chips, I definitely recommend the Walmart Great Value brand of sour cream and onion chips over the Kroger brand - or, if you are willing to spend a little more money for a healthier chip, go with the SunChips brand.

They lack a sour cream and onion variety, but they do have French Onion.

cynthia hemmerling says :

I love Krogers sour cream onion potatoe chips even better than Lay’s but I don’t care for the Krogers Barbeque chips.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27601941771031/k2311a016/1.6.10