Nodame Cantabile volume 10
  • As the story is about classic music I miss a little more beautiful drawing, as that's how I picture that kind of music in my mind, but keeping it simple helps to follow it and concentrate more in what they say than in how they look

• by Cal

In this volume of Nodame Cantabile finally after so many chapters waiting that Chiaki will be able to go to Europe to study conducting, he finally reaches his dream and goes to France. We get to know new characters, like their new apartment mates.

Chiaki involves in a conducting competition, where we will get to know another two conductors that will compete against him, making him to make a great effort.

By the

beginning, after a few volumes turning the story more serious, it goes back to the initial more relaxed feeling, more oriented to comedy.

Nodame’s attempts at speaking french and her way to learn made me laugh a lot.

She’s again the clumsy and weird character that gives name to the manga.

Also, maybe it’s me, but I’m getting more and more affection waves from Chiaki towards Nodame, even if he denies it.

...

• Not only they are still well pictured, keeping their personalities making the reader recognize them clearly, but the new characters all seem to have a long story to tell, nicely defined too.

Even with the tense moments in the conducting competition I could relax more while reading the 10th volume, as it gets funnier and funnier as you keep on reading it.

As the story is about classic music I miss a

little more beautiful drawing, as that’s how I picture that kind of music in my mind, but keeping it simple helps to follow it and concentrate more in what they say than in how they look.

Also by the end of this volume we still don’t know in which position is Chiaki left in the competition, so that left me eager for reading the next volume as soon as possible.

Nice trick to keep the audience on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17601941601031/k2311a016/1.6.10